Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Show View Post
    I agree 150%. I love my Treo 755p...and I think the Treo Pro (otherwise for Sprint 850e) should be pretty cool. I had a dislike for Windows Mobile so that did keep me with the Plam based OL but after talking to members of tech support from Sprint they were telling me about a back end way they could help keep my phone personalized. This has me thinking other phones if Palm doesn't hurry up.

I was all set to get the Treo Pro until I googled the Blackberry Storm. Liking that phone from what I cam see. I will compare it to the Treo Pro and I may just have to switch. Of course if Palm does come out with something great Nova? then I could perhaps wait. Never wanted a BB until I seen the BB Storm.
    Yes. Yes and yes again. Although I did give a BlackBerry Curve a six month test drive when I was given one for work. I do like how it just works, but I didn't like the limited functionality. My Treo 680 can do more but requires more effort, tinkering and fiddling, although part of this is just because I want to...

I have a love / hate relationship with Windows Mobile. It's fitted into some lovely pieces of hardware but I still have doubts over how reliable and usable the operating system is. I don't mean how stable, but, will it beep at me when it needs to.

I know I could get Windows Mobile to work as well as I want it to but at the moment, weighing up the GPS / WiFi / 3G additional functionality over the expected learning curve and necessary tweaks, I've decided... to wait for Nova.

The Pro, Storm or another Centro will be backstops.
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    Yes. Yes and yes again. Although I did give a BlackBerry Curve a six month test drive when I was given one for work. I do like how it just works, but I didn't like the limited functionality. My Treo 680 can do more but requires more effort, tinkering and fiddling, although part of this is just because I want to...

I have a love / hate relationship with Windows Mobile. It's fitted into some lovely pieces of hardware but I still have doubts over how reliable and usable the operating system is. I don't mean how stable, but, will it beep at me when it needs to.

I know I could get Windows Mobile to work as well as I want it to but at the moment, weighing up the GPS / WiFi / 3G additional functionality over the expected learning curve and necessary tweaks, I've decided... to wait for Nova.

The Pro, Storm or another Centro will be backstops.
    From what I understand the BB is easy to use and it does not use WM. You said the BB Curve had limited functionality as compared to your 680. what could you not do on the Curve that you could do on the 680? I'm not familiar with what the Curve can do.

Right now I am waiting on the Treo Pro aka 850e for Sprint. I asked a rep from Sprint when the Pro was coming out and they didn't have a date at all listed which means probably not this year. Same with the BB Storm. I'm hoping that Sprint does get the BB Storm. Since Sprint has other BB's I'm sure that they will get it eventually. I want to compare what the Treo Pro does as compared to the BB Storm.

Sprint may be slow offering the Storm because of the Instinct, however the Instinct from what I am told is not the phone ot get if you want to run a lot applications and for your calendar and email.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    From what I understand the BB is easy to use and it does not use WM. You said the BB Curve had limited functionality as compared to your 680. what could you not do on the Curve that you could do on the 680? I'm not familiar with what the Curve can do.
    Not too much with added applications, but as a huge disclaimer, adding third party applications would have been sure to see it right. Also as a comparison between the Curve and the 680, the Curve is a superior package most of the time.

But right out of the box, it couldn't create Microsoft Office documents, which is a big negative for me. I also found the PIM applications more as an add on rather than useful with limited functionality. There are third party replacements but were expensive, presumably because of the BlackBerry's corporate image.

Right now I am waiting on the Treo Pro aka 850e for Sprint. I asked a rep from Sprint when the Pro was coming out and they didn't have a date at all listed which means probably not this year. Same with the BB Storm. I'm hoping that Sprint does get the BB Storm. Since Sprint has other BB's I'm sure that they will get it eventually. I want to compare what the Treo Pro does as compared to the BB Storm.
    Either would work for me, there are just degrees of how well and how easy for me they'll work!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I am really a fan of the Treo 680/700/750 form factor. I am about to upgrade my mobile after my last one died on me, and I am confused between a Centro and Treo 680. But since I like the look of the 680 I am going with it.
    I, OTOH really like the Centro's small size. My 650 feels like a brick now. The Centro feels like a phone that has a Palm Pilot built in rather than a Palm Pilot with a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    Not too much with added applications, but as a huge disclaimer, adding third party applications would have been sure to see it right. Also as a comparison between the Curve and the 680, the Curve is a superior package most of the time.

But right out of the box, it couldn't create Microsoft Office documents, which is a big negative for me. I also found the PIM applications more as an add on rather than useful with limited functionality. There are third party replacements but were expensive, presumably because of the BlackBerry's corporate image.

Either would work for me, there are just degrees of how well and how easy for me they'll work!

You could not create MS office products? The BB doesn't offer Word, Excel Power Point?
    You could not create MS office products? The BB doesn't offer Word, Excel Power Point?
    The new version of BB OS will offer DocsToGo. This version is available with the Bold (and Storm). Older BBs will apparantly be upgradeable.
    DocstoGo? Is that BB's version of Word, Excel and PP? I looked at the Treo Pro again yesterday, did more of a close up. I'm not as excited about this phone as I was.

I saw an unlocked version on Amazon for sale....it comes with a 2.0 camera? I thought it was supposed to come witha 3.0 camera. I know the BB Storm is supposed to come with a 3.2 camera. I was 50/50 on the Treo Pro and BB Storm. Now I's 75% Storm 25% Treo Pro. (Treo Pro is looking more and more like a Centro and less like a 755p.
    DocstoGo? Is that BB's version of Word, Excel and PP? I looked at the Treo Pro again yesterday, did more of a close up. I'm not as excited about this phone as I was.
    Not exactly. Its a third party suite of apps which allow the view and editiing of MS Office documents. Palm has been including Docs To Go with its PalmOS devices for years.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12