1.    #1  
    Though this may be moved (feel free to, wasn't sure where to share it at), i just thought i'd share something even if it may be obvious. In light of comcast and i heard others imposing data caps as well, as a cpa operating out of home, i simply switched to the business end of comcast for internet which is unlimited.

In my area, its 89 a month for 16mb/2mb speed (faster i do believe than before and good for slingbox) on a business plan for comcast. For anyone concerned with running over set caps, its an option i suppose. I worry with some online gaming, hooked up to satellite for downloads, torrent downloads, streaming video, others in family networked, not to mention business uses, that 250gb could be used up quickly.
    I don't know many people who'd want to pay $90 a month for an ISP. I'll stick to my Verizon DSL which is unlimited and $27 a month. Caps don't particularly bother me. I never use more than 3GB a month and I'm online a good 10-12hrs a day for work (I'm self employed).
    Just because they don't apply to you doesn't mean they won't apply to others. One size does NOT fit all. I really hope Comcast will now make these new terms VERY clear to all subscribers. I have DSL too and Comcast's recent stunts do NOT make me want to switch!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Honestly, I would have no problem paying a bit extra if I used 250 GB/month. That is an incredible amount of data for an internet connection.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    In my area, comcast is my ONLY choice.

Would i go over 250gb? Maybe not, but i like to be safe. Download some HD movies from itunes (or whereever), stream video on net, use your phones on wifi, get the kid & wife on wifi, have the sat receiver hooked up to ethernet, do some online gaming, hook up the ps3 or xbox, use slingbox, etc, etc, and then i'm not too sure how much 250gb is. And comcast won't let you have any kind of data meter to know either.

Yes, 90 is expensive for business class, but then again, their residential rate for non cable users is 62 a month in my area which is also pretty sad. So i get true unlimited, faster download and upload speed (its only 6mbps on residential) for a few bucks more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Honestly, I would have no problem paying a bit extra if I used 250 GB/month. That is an incredible amount of data for an internet connection.
    Comcast is really targeting bit torrent users, we know that from their past action of slowing down traffic for those users.

I don't know why they can't just offer a higher package to those they know are likely downloading a huge amount of media. I agree that if you use a lot of resources then you should pay for it. But what I don't like is the fact that Comcast made the choice to provide internet service, but now they're trying to police it! Notice they only started this after being told by the FCC to quit slowing down torrent traffic without users knowledge. It's a roundabout way to slow down torrent users(or try to anyway). Plus all THEIR media is exempt from their cap, any competition's media(even "legal") is counted toward usage. I don't like the way that's headed either.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If they are going to charge for going over some limit, they should at least give the user some way to meter it. I have no idea how much data I use each month (but I'm on DSL).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  8.    #8  
    From what i understand, they're not charging you for going over the limit. But instead, give one warning. And suspend the account the next time.
    Cancel you permanently or suspend the account for one year are the 2 things I've read. If true, geez!! They're missing a real gold mine here in their haste to police what people do on the internet! Just offer a true unlimited package at a higher rate. Either people will slow down on the torrents or they'll pay it. Either way Comcast will come out ahead. They just alienate customers with the new heavy handed approach. And how can they refuse to provide tools for you to check your bandwidth? I read they told people to just Google for the tools online.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Just because they don't apply to you doesn't mean they won't apply to others. One size does NOT fit all. I really hope Comcast will now make these new terms VERY clear to all subscribers. I have DSL too and Comcast's recent stunts do NOT make me want to switch!
    Wow, why the attitude?? I was just sharing my opinion..no offense was intended!
    I think the reason they don't offer a higher priced package for bandwidth hogs is because it's the bandwidth itself they are trying to conserve. I've read several articles about the internet's infrastructure and how it was never meant to handle streaming audio. video, and the like. In the not too distant future ISPs are going to have to invest a lot of money to reinforce and add to that existing infrastructure just to keep up with the increasing demand for bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    Wow, why the attitude?? I was just sharing my opinion..no offense was intended!
    Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

What I meant was even though you don't need to worry about bandwidth due to low usage, others who do a whole lot more media-wise WILL need to start checking due to these new rules. Comcast threw a nice curve ball suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    I think the reason they don't offer a higher priced package for bandwidth hogs is because it's the bandwidth itself they are trying to conserve. I've read several articles about the internet's infrastructure and how it was never meant to handle streaming audio. video, and the like. In the not too distant future ISPs are going to have to invest a lot of money to reinforce and add to that existing infrastructure just to keep up with the increasing demand for bandwidth.
    I've read rumors that Comcast's network can't handle the bandwidth too. But I still get the feeling they want to police the internet and/or control traffic that they have no right to(as the FCC said). I don't even use P2P but something stinks a bit here IMO since they targeted P2P users and didn't slow down traffic for anyone else(as far as we know). And you know mainly people downloading or uploading lots of actual files to and from their computer would draw 250GB faster than others. Although I wonder how much bandwidth lots of online gaming and streaming can draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that.

What I meant was even though you don't need to worry about bandwidth due to low usage, others who do a whole lot more media-wise WILL need to start checking due to these new rules. Comcast threw a nice curve ball suddenly.
    That's okay. I know tone doesn't always come across the way we intend.
    I live in a small town in Iowa, like 200 people. The fastest connection I get is 2Mbps DSL. I'm not sure I could download 250GB in a month...