1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any insight on what it is like to own an unlocked Treo purchased from Palm directly and using the Palm warranty method.

I ask because I will likely pick up the Treo Pro and it is going to be unlocked in the U.S. In the past I have always had AT&T's(or Cingular's) warranty support which is terrific where they send you a replacement device and then you send your damaged one back--thus never being without the device. I looked on Palm's web site and it looks like they have a similar program where you pay $25-and possibly shipping but that was not clear--and then you get to replace yours before you send it in.

Anybody care to comment.

Also, they don't seem to offer a warranty on phones beyond the initial one year, whereas they do for their pda's without phones--any insight on this?

Thanks--
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Longest US warranty on current PDA offering is one year for the TX; other models are 90 days. There are laws in other countries mandating longer warranties.

Unlocked would require you to pay for advanced exchange if you don't want to be without a phone. Palm's warranty service has never guaranteed you would get your exact phone back, they come from a pool of like models.
  3.    #3  
    But the warranty on a phone such as a Treo Pro will be a year right? They can't have a 90 day warranty on a $550 device can they?
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB