1.    #1  
    I guess my question is about how many word documents, pictures or videos can one store on 4gb microSD or miniSD cards? Are we talking hundreds of word documents or photos? Are short videos recorded via camcorder of a centro or treo (680, 750) capable of being stored on a 4gb card?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    How much you can store depends on the size of the objects. The larger the files are, the fewer of them you can store on a fixed-size memory card. But to give you one example, the photos my Centro takes seem to range from about 200KB to 400KB in size. If we assume 300KB is a typical photo size, then a 4GB card should be able to hold something like over 13000 photos. I think it's a lot more variable for videos (longer video = larger file size) and Word documents (where length and formatting can increase file size), but I imagine you'd still be able to hold a lot of them. Even large documents I deal with at work rarely break 10MB. You should be able to hold at least hundreds of videos or documents on a 4GB card. And yes, you should be able to store videos taken with the device on your card. I hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    How much you can store depends on the size of the objects. The larger the files are, the fewer of them you can store on a fixed-size memory card. But to give you one example, the photos my Centro takes seem to range from about 200KB to 400KB in size. If we assume 300KB is a typical photo size, then a 4GB card should be able to hold something like over 13000 photos. I think it's a lot more variable for videos (longer video = larger file size) and Word documents (where length and formatting can increase file size), but I imagine you'd still be able to hold a lot of them. Even large documents I deal with at work rarely break 10MB. You should be able to hold at least hundreds of videos or documents on a 4GB card. And yes, you should be able to store videos taken with the device on your card. I hope this helps.
    Dronak - - Wow! Yes it does help! I'll probably get the Centro on ATT... they have a sale right now lowering it to $70 until 9/20/08! (back to school sale)
  4. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Dronak - - Wow! Yes it does help! I'll probably get the Centro on ATT... they have a sale right now lowering it to $70 until 9/20/08! (back to school sale)
    Perhaps this is only a local / regional thing (I live in Florida), but I recently saw the Centro on AT&T being sold at the local Wal-Mart for $0 with 2-year contract. I asked the attendant who admittedly was not very knowledgeable on the product, but he did indeed confirm that the Centro on AT&T was "FREE" after signing a two-year contract. Unfortunately, the employee did not know if it was only free after a mail-in rebate or something along those lines... still, its something to look into if your already in the market for a Centro.

L8R
    If you live in Miami, FL I got a free black Centro from the Best Buy on 7900 Bird Road last Sunday. Instant rebate. Two-year contract with AT&T, $40 voice plan. I wanted to activate service with AT&T to use on my old Treo 600 and not sign on a contract. Was told it cannot be done. Need the line- must sign contract to get the service. But I digress.