1.    #1  

Hi Everyone!

I am an airline Captain for a major airline and I "forgot" to turn my Treo 800 off during a recent flight.
    I was at Flight Level 300 (30,000 feet) over DEN (Denver) and I received a text from a buddy. I replied and to my surprise he got the message!

Disclaimer: Neither I, the FAA or FCC or my airline approves having portable electronic devices on during flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post

Hi Everyone!

I am an airline Captain for a major airline and I "forgot" to turn my Treo 800 off during a recent flight.
    I was at Flight Level 300 (30,000 feet) over DEN (Denver) and I received a text from a buddy. I replied and to my surprise he got the message!

Disclaimer: Neither I, the FAA or FCC or my airline approves having portable electronic devices on during flight.
    Wow! It amazes me that cell signals can get that far and be strong enough to be useful. I wish the FAA and FCC would get off their high horses about cell usage in the air...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Just recently I was flying back from Ft. Myers to Chicago and midflight pulled out my 755p to listen to some mp3's and noticed the orange light blinking. Same thing, forgot to turn it off.
    As much as I would love to surf the web on my phone, I really don't want to listen to someone yack for 3 hours.