Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    How about a TreoPro with android? Anyone?
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Considering the G1's current state I don't think that would be wise.

It has no sync whatsoever (for current Palm users this transition wouldn't make any sense at all) and has basically no video playback. Great idea if Palm wants to put a final nail in their coffin though...
    I am another angry Palm fan (Palm OS not Palm Co).
    I use palm os since Palm V. I recall the moment how proud we were when we put out the world most stylish, thinnest PDA from out no sack made wrinkles front shirt pocket, then M505, treo 270 , treo 600 and treo 650 .

As time goes by, our heart sinks deeper and deeper.
    Now I am afraid to tell anyone my carrying treo 650 is palm OS.

What has Palm company done to us in just few years? Did Palm Co innovate anything? Did they give us more choices? Maybe yes when you look at 650, 680,700,750, 755 centro....etc. But I mean what is the point if you can choose different soups in a resteraunt menu when the differences is only the waters in the soups . LOL.

Are we 7-years itchy? If you said a little more salt in the soup is too demanding, then I am.
    I don't need unlimited GPRS or EVDO data plan for my stock manager , Worldmate and 4 Cast. I just need a wifi so that I could update the data occasionally and for free. But i know it will never happen because Palm Company will die. sign.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    Why not? Its basically HTC hardware. I do hope someone can port it over (unofficially I believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Considering the G1's current state I don't think that would be wise.

It has no sync whatsoever (for current Palm users this transition wouldn't make any sense at all) and has basically no video playback. Great idea if Palm wants to put a final nail in their coffin though...
    Mmmm, fud.

Sync = OTA.

No video playback.. I'm sure that's very temporary.
    No A2DP, no 3.5mm headphone jack also. Some people might not care. But for me personally it should have 1 or the other...

Sorry I should have been more specific, no Desktop sync at all (and no EAS).
    Last edited by papped; 09/25/2008 at 06:27 PM.
    For me, it's simply fact that the Palm OS just got outdated fast. I've used most of the major smartphone OSes out there besides Symbian, and I will say that WM is the best OS for me. So powerful, customizable, so many hardware choices, carriers, there aren't all of these ridiculous options. You want open? Show me something that you can get on an iPhone or Android device that you can't do on WM. Sure, it won't be the same or as pretty, but you can do it. The opposite however, is not true.
    And yet, for an outdated OS, the palm OS still does much more than the iphone or G1. And does it easier and more efficiently. It's just not as pretty and shiny to look at is all which seems to be the only thing that matters these days. Has to look good..who cares what features it has or if its worth using.
    I don't understand the talk about 'no WiFi on a Palm OS device' when talking about updating Treos.

There's Wifi on Tungstens, T|X's and Lifedrive's which all run Palm OS last time I checked. Why is the Treo any different?

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    And yet, for an outdated OS, the palm OS still does much more than the iphone or G1. And does it easier and more efficiently. It's just not as pretty and shiny to look at is all which seems to be the only thing that matters these days. Has to look good..who cares what features it has or if its worth using.
    You kinda also have to compare it to Symbian and WM, both which have much higher marketshares than Palm and the gap is getting bigger (as well as app support).
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    I don't understand the talk about 'no WiFi on a Palm OS device' when talking about updating Treos.

There's Wifi on Tungstens, T|X's and Lifedrive's which all run Palm OS last time I checked. Why is the Treo any different?

Harold
    Simple. Those units do not have another phone radio in them. The problem is getting multiple radios working on the same unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Simple. Those units do not have another phone radio in them. The problem is getting multiple radios working on the same unit.
    What he said. - It is a Palm OS limitation which can change with Nova.
    No A2DP, no 3.5mm headphone jack also. Some people might not care. But for me personally it should have 1 or the other...

Not a lot of phones out there with 3.5mm jacks period... Still have to have an adapter.

A2DP, yeah, not sure why they'd leave that out, but again, I bet they're waiting for someone to write it for them.
    Right, but usually they aren't missing both these days. It's 1 or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    I would like to add to the list (I did not get the Newton but all the other devices; I had

after the 755p

BB 8830 (nice device)

Motorola Q9c

Treo 800W

Back to the Motorola Q9c

Tried the Diamond (too hard to use)

Tried the Samsung World Phone with Windows 6.0 (problem with phone is that it only takes the 2 gig micro sd

That would be a good idea for Palm to create the the Android Platform on this
    Treo Pro (that would be a nice device) depending if Android has made progress on this OS.

Maybe we will see this the Palm Nova software on this device;

why not do it for us by Christmas

Let Palm get off their duff and bring a great device to the market with a easy to use operating system

maybe I would even use the current palm os on that device
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Because PalmSource failed to deliver much of anything beyond basic OS5 since 2002 and Access isn't in the business of improving much on Garnet. Hopefully Palm's efforts (without the hindrance of all the legal go-arounds with their former spin-off) on Nova will deliver.

What if Access decides to license it software to google or Android or someone to create a nice program to run the Palm programs on the Android. I guess we soon will see

did u like the Q9c?

I like it fairly well, wish it were a touch screen not as complicated as the Treo 800W which for me was more difficult to navigate
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    did u like the Q9c?

I like it fairly well, wish it were a touch screen not as complicated as the Treo 800W which for me was more difficult to navigate
    I've used a 700wx since Jan 07.

I tested the 800w this month and sent it back.

I ordered my other option, the Q9c last week and it arrived earlier this week. All I can say is "wow." I thought I would be sending this back as well... but no, the phone works for me... not perfect, but as a phone it works superb... as a pda hooked up with an exchange account, it works great. I don't miss not having a touch screen. And the battery life is excellent. Even with the extended battery, the q9c is much smaller than my 700wx.

I now believe the fear of not having a touch screen is a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by theog; 09/28/2008 at 07:59 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12