1.    #1  
    I am happy Treo 800w user (previous owner of 600 & 700p). Treo 850/Pro looks good, but my Sprint's retention plan is too good to consider leaving. But both are not quite exactly what i want. So I thought I should Photoshop it myself (I'm not that great with photoshop). I cannot recall if I saw something like this before on this forum.

My ideal Treo would have 85-90% of the Treo 800w's height (I find the current height to be juuuuust a bit too much with one-hand operation) and 100% of 800w's width and 100% of 800w's thickness (I will explain why a bit later). The touch-screen would fill up most of this newly-gained height and I would remove the full keyboard from default state. I would rather have a slider full-keyboard that would slide from the bottom. If that means that the thickness of this ideal Treo is the same as 800w instead of 850/Pro so be it (I do not mind the thickness of my 800w).

I like my 8 buttons and would not want to go the iPhone route of limiting my interaction to touchscreen only. In fact, I would prefer to add another side button - so a total of two side buttons along with the volume buttons on side, volume/ringer switch on top and wifi button. I can customize the 8 buttons to do all i need without the keyboard. I would slide out the keyboard when I use it for texting, emails, calendar, etc.

Attached is a quick rendition of my ideal Treo. Would love some feedback.

I am a Palm fan. I do understand that their niche in the market today is the Treo/Centro form factor. But I think they can own the market if they innovate with other form factors also. I think after the 850/Pro and eventually the nova-based phone launch, Palm will have a better footing in the market so hopefully, Palm is focusing their current Research & Development on other form factors. Or better yet, maybe the nova-based phone will have this or similar form factor.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...utureTreo1.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...utureTreo2.jpg
    Last edited by treoKing; 08/19/2008 at 09:30 AM.
    I'd buy it.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    I would also buy a Treo with a bottom slide-out keyboard - it's really the only way to provide (a) screen real estate, (b) a physical QWERTY keyboard, and (c) the lack of screen switching at slide-out.

Pictures like that have floated around for quite awhile - I'm a little surprised that Palm hasn't gone that route.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Yes my ideal Treo is like an Iphone 3g, but with a new Palm Os. I don't know What happen with the CEO of Palm and board of directors, What they are thinking?. I Think they are not thinking. They are Thinking about Windows for win the race?. Windows is a losser Horse, Palm Os was a winner Horse. You have to reinvented Palm Os.
    They had to put something out to stay in business while developing a new OS (which should've been done sooner). They're conceding the race for business devices to WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi View Post
    Yes my ideal Treo is like an Iphone 3g, but with a new Palm Os. I don't know What happen with the CEO of Palm and board of directors, What they are thinking?. I Think they are not thinking. They are Thinking about Windows for win the race?. Windows is a losser Horse, Palm Os was a winner Horse. You have to reinvented Palm Os.
    I used Palm OS for many years, but I really don't have an issue with Windows Mobile. I think that, for many business users, the familiarity of having Windows OS on their desktop as well as their Palm is convenient. And Palm did IMO go a good job of integrating Windows Mobile with the Treo one-handed form factor.

Treo devices are pretty popular in my area among school administrators - I think I was the only one I ran across that was Palm OS (that is, before I went to the 800w).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    [QUOTE=Bujin;1485564]I used Palm OS for many years, but I really don't have an issue with Windows Mobile. I think that, for many business users, the familiarity of having Windows OS on their desktop as well as their Palm is convenient. And Palm did IMO go a good job of integrating Windows Mobile with the Treo one-handed form factor.

Treo devices are pretty popular in my area among school administrators - I think I was the only one I ran across that was Palm OS (that is, before I went to the 800w).[/QUOTE

Hi, I have bad joke.............., If you don't have more..........., your wife is Ok. . This is the problem with Palm, today Windows is the only choice, you do not have more choices. If you want a Treo you must use Windows, because Palm Os is too old. But If you compare the two Os, Palm is better than Windows. But If you compare Windows, Palm and Iphone Os, Windows and Palm is obsolete. This is my opinion. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I wont ever buy a phone without a front facing keyboard again.

too much of a pain in the **** to write an email if you have to use a screen to type. I had a mogul for 6 months and was surprised how annoying the simple action of sliding out the keyboard is. Maybe for writing an email it's not so bad but if you just want to tap a few quick key strokes (like a quick sms maybe or contact lookup by typing first few letters of name) dealing with a slidder or flip is annoying.

but bigger screen for sure is nice- hopefully they figure out a way to get past square
    Am I the only one who prefers a clamshell phone design? I guess I'm way old school, but I always thought the best designs were phones that also had PDA functionality as opposed to boxy PDA's with a phone speaker.

I also think wasting all that real estate on a keyboard when all you really need is a small space for graffiti is why we have such huge bricks comparatively.

I'm dreaming, of course, because that would require people to learn graffiti, and if there is one thing that's for sure, it is that the vast amjority of us are lazy and would rather hunt and peck on a tiny keyboard than spend the time to learn how to write.

Back to my dinosaur lair,

G
    Quote Originally Posted by greg099 View Post
    I'm dreaming, of course, because that would require people to learn graffiti, and if there is one thing that's for sure, it is that the vast amjority of us are lazy and would rather hunt and peck on a tiny keyboard than spend the time to learn how to write.
    Within days of my 600 arriving, several years ago, I consigned Grafitti to the scrap-heap and haven't used it since. I find the keyboard is much more convenient.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg099 View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers a clamshell phone design? I guess I'm way old school, but I always thought the best designs were phones that also had PDA functionality as opposed to boxy PDA's with a phone speaker.

I also think wasting all that real estate on a keyboard when all you really need is a small space for graffiti is why we have such huge bricks comparatively.

Back to my dinosaur lair,

G
    Motorola and Kyocera used to make Palm OS flip phones, not anymore. I guess people like the feel of touch screen. Look at all the touch screen phones are popping out these days - LG CU920, Samsung Glyde, HTC Touch. You name it...
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Anyone ever own the Sony Clie th55? It looked like the iphone / itouch. It ran on Palm OS. When I had it, I always thought this would be the most awesome phone if Sony could somehow add a phone to it. And this was four years ago, way before the iphone came out.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    My IDEAL TREO PRO-
    3G with SPRINT/VERIZON coverage in my area
    $99 buys all per month...

120gb internal memory
    SDHC up to unlimited...
    Black
    3 versions...
    1 = full screen like iphone
    2 = qwerty keyboard like treo pro
    3 = slide out keyboard

activex allowed (compatible with geovision surveillance systems)
    windows mobile
    5mp camera
    no antenna
    removable battery
    gps
    wifi
    bluetooth a2dp
    waterproof-10 feet
    biometric screen security access
    clock on internet surf page/ clock overlay on all screens for all programs/ don't know how the real treo pro clock works. transparency levels user adjustable
    headphone jack that cannot break---
    remote treo antitheft tracking and control...allows you to find out what numbers are dialed if any and delete all info-program specific
    find location of treo...
    voice which says LOUDLY "THIS PHONE WAS STOLEN" "THIEF" "THIS PHONE BELONGS TO "_______" PLEASE RETURN TO THE OWNER or whatever.
    high screen resolution---
    internal lanyard lock- allows treo to hang around neck with a clip that inserts and locks in the frame of the treo for super strength. If user doesn't want it the simply don't install it.
    My ideal Treo would be The Palm Treo Pro with a user friendly functionality. You can use it with ease and precision. Although I'd rather have a different OS (if that is possible). I do like having the Windows Mobile OS but I find some disadvantages with it. First I find it somewhat annoying that I have to close one application to open another application. They should make a task manager or something. The Windows OS or any Windows mobile device for that matter drains a lot of battery life. If you bought a new Windows mobile and tinkered with it for fun, probably you'll be recharging your mobile quickly.

If it's possible, I still opt to get a Symbian OS with my Palm Treo but have this awesome features like

Quad Band GSM

5MP(or higher) camera with 1600x1200 pixels.

A 20gb internal memory and could still be expanded.

WIFI ready with GPS reciever and built-in download accelerators

FM radio and weighs not more than 120g.

I would buy Palm_Perry24's phone
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    If the Treo Pro would have a WM OS but have a longer battery life let's say about 6-8 hours talk time and 12 hours standby time. Also a great camera probably a 5MP camera with higher resolution. Also it must have Wifi and a great MP3 player and is also compatible with iTunes.

Sounds like a wish list for Santa.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com