1.    #1  
    FROG, a homepage for smartphones, added Papa John's Mobile to its list of customizable links. This is one of over 200 mobile websites that you can access using FROG. No need to bookmark each mobile website you come across, just sign up for a free FROG homepage by entering your email address, your personal FROG link will be emailed to you, and begin browsing some of the best of the mobile web. FROG's icon based customizable homepage looks similar to many smartphone layouts making it easy to surf the mobile web. Sign up today, www.getfrog.com, for your own FROG.
  2. UserOne
    Kinda annoying that the first FIVE presets are automatically set for you . Also, it would be nice if you could enter your own URLs, not just the ones already set by your service.

A couple other issues I noticed:
    - Does not view correctly on Opera Mini
    - Everything but the links is in another language (not English)

Good idea, but needs quite a bit of refinement.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    Kinda annoying that the first FIVE presets are automatically set for you . Also, it would be nice if you could enter your own URLs, not just the ones already set by your service.

A couple other issues I noticed:
    - Does not view correctly on Opera Mini
    - Everything but the links is in another language (not English)

Good idea, but needs quite a bit of refinement.
    Thanks for the feed back. You can change 4 of the 5 default links once you sign up for your own FROG, for a total of 8 customizable icons. FROG performs best on the Blazer and Windows browsers, but we'll look into the Opera Mini problem. I'm not sure why you are seeing the links in other languages, I'm thinking it may be linked to the browser problem. Thanks again!
  4. UserOne
    Thanx for the info, much appreciated .

Just for further testing info for your programming staff, I was using Opera Mini v4.1 with IBM Java VM 5.7.2 (needed to make Opera work on the Palm) on a Sprint 755p running Palm OS 5.4.9 .

L8R
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I decided to try this out, since I do like seeing things that are specifically designed for the mobile web. There seems to be a minor problem with customizing it from my device though. When I try to do this, links 2-5 of the 8 we can edit do not keep their previous settings, and instead default to 4INFO (the very first item in the list of choices).

I might also suggest allowing options for certain features, where applicable and suitable for mobile viewing. For example, it looks like the "Weather" item uses MSN. I know there are other weather sites, so it might be useful to have an option to pick which one you want to use. Also, having multiple pages might be a nice option. It looks like the "Jump" option lets you get to any item by going through a hierarchy of choices, but if you go to more than 8-9 sites regularly, it can be time consuming to use the menu for all the other sites. Multiple pages of nine items might be a nicer alternative.

And for what it's worth, the site displays poorly on Palm Blazer in Optimized Mode -- I have to use Wide Page Mode to get a normal display. I know this is mentioned in the FAQ, but I don't normally use the wide page mode, so remembering to switch may be a minor hassle. Also, in fast mode with images and CSS turned off, the site is almost useless -- I can get a grid of nine items (in wide page mode), but can't tell what any of them are. Since I normally work in fast mode, it would probably help to have some ALT text or something that will display in case the user turns off images.

These are just some of my thoughts on a quick trial of the site. I hope they're of some help.