1.    #1  
    Credit to Chandana Kulatunga of PalmAddicts

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...le-palm-c.html

These look relatively legit... but it seems too early for a leak, much more for a Centro 2 as Palm is still riding the Centro 1's momentum.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2...centro2zk5.jpg
    http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2...19da54263a.jpg
    Last edited by bulls96; 08/11/2008 at 12:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    As of 7:45am engadget now listed them as being photoshopped.
    Yep, fake..

But...it's exactly what palm needs to do. This isn't rocket science and I said about a year ago. Centro needs to go widescreen, qwerty-less. And the wm treos can stay basically the same..keeping the treo keyboard.

If palm isn't thinking something remotely like this fake ad, then they might as well drop Nova and stick with WM treos. While a widescreen nova phone might not be an iphone killer (don't care if it is or isn't..its on sprint, not at&t which is key), it surely would be something sprint doesn't really offer.

The instinct doesn't really count. It's a dumbphone with some features. Sprint itself is losing customers because they got mostly dumbphones or a few top end business phones like the 800w...too bad most buyers fall in between now that apple has educated the masses. The instinct (and centro) addresses this gap some, but this fake phone concept would fill it much better.

I would argue both sprint and palm need a wow phone with a real OS for the masses. It won't be a WM phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Yep, fake..

Centro needs to go widescreen, qwerty-less. And the wm treos can stay basically the same..keeping the treo keyboard.
    i disagree
    I believe that one of the features that drew me to the phone was that it still had a workable thumbboard (small, but usable) virtual keyboards (such as the iphone) tend to dislike my thumbs
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    Of course its fake. Do you really expect Palm to come up with a good looking, innovative device, do you. Palm continues to crank out the same old, same old and that is why they are a dieing company and probably won't last must longer.
    I find it funny that this pig is being described as "good looking". Palm should do this because it'll get them revenue out of the pockets of the brainwashed masses, but from a functionality or even appearance POV, this ranks as low as the iPhone.
    Last edited by skfny; 08/11/2008 at 06:47 PM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    i disagree
    I believe that one of the features that drew me to the phone was that it still had a workable thumbboard (small, but usable) virtual keyboards (such as the iphone) tend to dislike my thumbs
    I am with you no working thumb board I will not use it. tpying an a flat piece of glass is uncomfortable and there is not keyboard feel feedback!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It has to be fake. We have been begging for devices like this for years around here. No way Palm listens to us, when Apple can do that.
    Last edited by LiveFaith; 08/13/2008 at 09:31 AM.
    Patrick Horne
    I'm a bit surprised by the reaction of folks - I always assumed that the keyboard was the main draw for the Treo/Centro line. Otherwise folks could just go get a Touch / iPhone. It seems to me that Palm would just pull buyers from their own Treo / Centro sales (who like the line but don't make use of the kb). I doubt that too many folks who need the iPhone functionality would switch over to a phone like this, IMO.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by the reaction of folks - I always assumed that the keyboard was the main draw for the Treo/Centro line. Otherwise folks could just go get a Touch / iPhone. It seems to me that Palm would just pull buyers from their own Treo / Centro sales (who like the line but don't make use of the kb). I doubt that too many folks who need the iPhone functionality would switch over to a phone like this, IMO.
    Some people use Treos because they came from PalmOs PDA's, which of course traditionally do not have keyboards.

Surur
    The keypad is a draw for me. My hands get filthy throughout the day and the screen would just not handle it - I clean the keypad throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Some people use Treos because they came from PalmOs PDA's, which of course traditionally do not have keyboards.

Surur
    I suppose you're right. However, that kind of adds to my point that, if folks are truly going after a PalmOS device, they'll go for the Treo/Centro anyway. So would it really be in Palm's best interest to create a second (non-kb) device, that will only pull potential buyers from their Treo/Centro base?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    No keyboard - not interested! I love my Treo's keyboard.
    Nope, because palm is going WM with the tradition treo device w/keyboard. It's hard to say what they'll go with on the their new OS in terms of hardware. I tend to think they have to at least be considering a non-kb version with the new OS. If not, palm may as well stop working on it.
    Did some digging and found the original link, and the guy who photoshopped them said it was done as a project for his marketing class. I'd say he did a pretty good job, and should get an A.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix