1.    #1  
    I represent Mobile Stream, we are a Developer Partner of MyTreo.net - an online software reseller. They have not paid our royalties for more than a year.

I have been e-mailing them for four months and the only thing I got was the royalty report (so they admit they owe money to us, but simply do not pay) and promises like “soon”, “this week”. But no wire-transfers have been made yet.

The same has happend to at least one another non-USA Windows Mobile/Palm developer - Deluxeware (www.deluxeware.com) . They have not received their 2007-year royalty payments from mytreo.net

Many other developers from Palm Entrepreneurs Forum also complained about spotty payments, some of them managed eventually to get their royalties, others - did not.

The only person who handles accounting is Tadd Rosenfeld, all other mytreo.net employees can only forward e-mail requests to him. The last e-mail I got from Tadd Rosenfeld was from June 6th, where he promised to pay “that week”. Almost two months passed, nothing was done, no other e-mails to him (sent personally to him or forwarded through other mytreo.net employees) have been answered.

MyTreo.net Software Supplier Agreement states that “MTDN Holdings shall pay Developer at the end of each calendar month for all amounts owed to Developer with respect to Software sales during the previous calendar month,” They fail to observe their own agreement, however.

Updated
    On August 14th, I have received the most significant part of my royalty payments.
    The remaining small part will be paid a little later when a full breakdown of the latest months royalties is ready.

The issue is resolved.
    Last edited by Mobile Stream; 08/14/2008 at 02:46 AM.
    www.mobile-stream.com - USB Modem, Card Reader, Games etc.
    That is not like MTDN.

The site with a lot of traffic, its almost impossible to think that they do not have sufficient revenue coming in.

Is Chris still the site owner?
    I saw your letter last week in Tamms. I am appalled to hear that MTDN, who has appeared to maintain a stance of supporting developers, is not paying them their royalties. I read in your link the same is true of PDATopSoft. Its difficult enough being a Palm developer these days, without getting paid the royalties for your work. In MTDN's case, it is all the more appalling given that they evidently had enough money to totally revamp their website. Unfortunately, I think this only serves to only further undermine the whole Palm community, by providing further disincentives for developers to stay with the Palm platform. I will say that I regularly use your products, and am sorry to hear that MTDN is doing this. I will not be purchasing anything from their site in the future.
    All for One and One for All!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    That is not like MTDN.

The site with a lot of traffic, its almost impossible to think that they do not have sufficient revenue coming in.
    Even if this non-payment is because of some accounting error, it has taken too long. My first e-mails concerning royalty payment are from March 2008, now it is August.

Is Chris still the site owner?
    Yes, Chris Nolan owns the site, he even replied to me and tried to help. However, the only person who handles accounting issues is Tadd Rosenfeld, other mytreo.net employees and the site owner can only forward my e-mails to him.

In fact, now Chris Nolan is the only person from mytreo.net who replies to my e-mails, maybe he'll be able to help me, I'll post an update then.
    Last edited by Mobile Stream; 08/08/2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added new facts
    It sounds like Chris needs to kick Tadd in the pants just a tad to get him moving......

Just as a matter of clarification, this is the reason that I'm back on the T|C forums and writing for MobilityToday instead of mtdn.
    That blows! Good luck to our hard working developers, MTDN needs to GROW up & pay up.
    Post one of their emails, and I'll email them from every email account I have saying, "Pay your royalties!" And everyone else could do the same.
    I'm confused...why does a company post their financial issues with one site on the boards of another. Is the goal to get posters here to complain?

I can understand frustrations, but this seems wrong.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    This is because threads on the original company's side were either removed or left unanswered and the developer is trying to raise awareness in the Palm Community of a potentially dangerous situation for other programmers.
    Sad to see a site go bad like that. Not paying folks with whom you have an agreement is bogus, and not discussing it with them is criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm confused...why does a company post their financial issues with one site on the boards of another. Is the goal to get posters here to complain?

Not wrong at all. The OP has tried all avenues to redress the problem without success and wants to help others avoid his predicament. And Alli's message seems to indicate that there are real problems over there.
  13. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not wrong at all. The OP has tried all avenues to redress the problem without success and wants to help others avoid his predicament. And Alli's message seems to indicate that there are real problems over there.
    As mentioned above... It sounds like the complainant has taken many steps to alleviate this issue through the "proper" channels and has met with little to no actual progress in resolving the matter. Therefore, in an attempt to get resolution from the company in question, they bring this matter up to the community which uses their products. In simpler terms, add a little pressure to get some results.

Hopefully, the company in question will provide their constituents what is owed to them.

As others in this thread have mentioned, I must say I would not purchase any products or services from a company that had such blatant unresolved issues either.
  14.    #14  
    I have received the most significant part of my royalty payments.
    The remaining small part will be paid a little later when a full breakdown of the latest months royalties is ready.

The issue is resolved.
    I guess your situation is one reason I try to deal directly with the developer; however, that is becoming more difficult as time rolls on.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Okay, I admit I just bought USBModem from palminfocenter.com's software store because it was on sale ... I hope those guys don't scam you like MTDN?
    Per Mobile Stream (and others) I'm hearing the issue is resolved. Tadd has an excellent explanation over at MTDN.

If folks have questions about it, MTDN is the place to ask.