1.    #1  
    My 650 finally died and I need a new Treo that I can sync up all of my backed up data including my text messages. Is the 750 compatible with Palm desktop and the palm text messages?
    How long have you had the Treo? What network are you on? I think at this point it would be wise to get the Centro at least so it will cost you less while waiting for the next generation Treo.
    The 750 is a Windows Mobile device. You will have to move your data to Outlook in order to sync it. If you want to stay with PalmOS (Garnet) your choices today are the 680 and Centro for GSM carriers.
    I'm in the same boat! "Not enough power to activate the phone" on my 650. I wrote an article about this a few months back. I settled on the Centro back then. I haven't got that unlocked Centro yet...only because of the iPhone bum-rushing the scene which is causing me to freeze and think this over.

Read my article here.
    http://www.rabsworld.com/2008/04/pal...parison-chart/

Note: though. He's right; the only viable PALM OS handsets are the Centro/680 for GSM and 755p for Sprint (CDMA). All others are Windows!
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    Centro (2 in the family) if you want to stay with the Palm OS. If not, the 750 or 800W. I a very pleased with the 800W.
  6.    #6  
    I use AT&T and my number one concern is that I be able to take all my old text messages from the 650 and put it on the new one. Can the 750 do this?
    My Centro on Sprint is a great device, and much superior to my older Treo 700p. However, I'm really happy with the new Treo 800w on Sprint too. I'd bet that there will be a GSM model on the market in a few months. Just another option, and options are good for us all!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    My Centro on Sprint is a great device, and much superior to my older Treo 700p. However, I'm really happy with the new Treo 800w on Sprint too. I'd bet that there will be a GSM model on the market in a few months. Just another option, and options are good for us all!
    I'm sure it is but really, my main concern is my text messages, which I backed up on the PC, be loaded to the new Treo and it must be AT&T. If I absolutely have to, I would buy another 650.
    I have an unlocked Cingular (AT&T) Treo 650 for sale. It doesn't look too good, but it works great! Make me an offer!!!

With that said, I really do like my Centro a lot, but I'm on Sprint now. I had no trouble moving everything over from my 650 to my Centro.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10.    #10  
    Anyways, so does anyone know if backed up text messages from the 650 can be put on to the 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midak View Post
    Anyways, so does anyone know if backed up text messages from the 650 can be put on to the 750?

No. You would have to get another Palm OS device.
    I'm sure it is but really, my main concern is my text messages, which I backed up on the PC, be loaded to the new Treo and it must be AT&T. If I absolutely have to, I would buy another 650.
    Understood. What about the 680? Isn't that Palm OS, and also AT&T?
  13.    #13  
    Anyway to put the Palm OS onto the 750?
    No; however, there is Style Tap that allows you to run bunches of Palm OS applications to one degree or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
    Understood. What about the 680? Isn't that Palm OS, and also AT&T?
    For that matter why not get a Centro? The Centro is also PalmOS and on AT&T at bargain prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    For that matter why not get a Centro? The Centro is also PalmOS and on AT&T at bargain prices.
    As an owner of a Centro, I can't believe I forgot that AT&T has it too. Doh!
    My 650 finally died and I need a new Treo that I can sync up all of my backed up data including my text messages. Is the 750 compatible with Palm desktop and the palm text messages?
    Just get a Centro on AT&T. It's still the same Palm OS (slightly updated) as the 650, your txt messages should transfer over. If not i'm sure there are programs out there that'll help you but you'll need a Palm OS phone. No text messages will transfer from Palm to Windows Mobile.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Some are forgetting the 755p. I'm not sure which carrier you're using but there's a GSM and a CDMA version available.

Maybe you should get a Centro f you don't care about the smaller screen, smaller keyboards, and smaller battery. I think there's a CDMA and a GSM version.

I use my 755p (Sprint) a lot so I wouldn't be happy with a smaller battery. In fact, I opted for the larger battery. If that's a concern of yours, you may want to get the 755p over the Centro.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Some are forgetting the 755p. I'm not sure which carrier you're using but there's a GSM and a CDMA version available.

Maybe you should get a Centro f you don't care about the smaller screen, smaller keyboards, and smaller battery. I think there's a CDMA and a GSM version.

I use my 755p (Sprint) a lot so I wouldn't be happy with a smaller battery. In fact, I opted for the larger battery. If that's a concern of yours, you may want to get the 755p over the Centro.
    I don't think there is a GSM version of the 755p. As far as I know, it's only on Sprint and Verizon. AT&T has the 680 and the Centro.