Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    Perhaps I'm being a bit too pragmatic here, but I would think the shiny, silvery border around the screen would simply get hopelessly smudged with endless amounts of finger strokes... requiring fastidious cleaning .
    You'd think so (and I think I experienced that at some point) but it hasn't been an issue for me in ... I dunno HOW long.

Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    Not too hijack the thread or anything, but how do you like your extended battery & has it affected how you carry it (due to the added size) ?

Thanx in advance for the feedback, I'm considering one as I am getting in a bit of a habit of watching movies & TV on my Treo.

L8R
    I love the extended battery. It's my default battery... unless I need my Treo to be slimmer for some reason. Can't think of why right now.

I only carry my Treo in my belt pouch. It fits with either battery, but it's tighter with the big one - easier to accidentally push the wrong button.

I'm not one to carry my Treo in my pants pocket so that's not a factor for me.

I hope that helps.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I love the extended battery. It's my default battery... unless I need my Treo to be slimmer for some reason. Can't think of why right now.

I only carry my Treo in my belt pouch. It fits with either battery, but it's tighter with the big one - easier to accidentally push the wrong button.

I'm not one to carry my Treo in my pants pocket so that's not a factor for me.

I hope that helps.
    Much appreciated. Thanx .
    The Treo 755p is a great Treo, it is evolutionary but it is no slacker. It has served me well over the past 13 months. Though if Palm can release the phone with the new Dialer App, software updates, 333mhz cpu, micro SD, and GPS (most of these are more evolutions and identical to the 800p hardware) they could keep the Palm OS Treo's above water and differentiate the brand from the Centro lineup.

I'd pay $250 - 200 with a new contract for that setup.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'd like to see the following:

1) significantly enhanced blazer - with elements of universe implemented within, ie tabbed browsing, embedded flash, quicker processing speeds. I'd like to see a BIG improvement in the browsing experience. This is long overdue.

2) 400 mhz processor at least.

3) Voice dialing.

4) Bluetooth 2.0 with voice dialing over the headset as well.

5) wifi

6) gps - stand alone.

7) 512 mb ram

8) upgraded PIM apps with newer, sharper looking icons.

9) fresh new user interfaces on the phone screen and main menu. ( I'd bet we'd have been surprised at how much of an impact doing simply THAT would have helped palm over the years with successive models!)

10) Remove lag when switching into and out of apps.

I think if palm put these features under the hood within the new palm nova device there would be nothing to complain about.
    We could always use a 624 mhz processor but if battery life is an issue, 400 mhz would be just fine. Tungsten C from YEARS ago had this, why not treos of modern day?!

I'd pay $300 - 350 after 2 year contract for a device like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12