Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mouse:

The launcher I happen to use has nothing to do with it. (But it is a great tool, so I wanted to give it a plug.) Everything I described works the same way with the built-in launcher, or with Treo Launcher, or any other. It's a capability of the OS and properly written software. And, as I said, Versacrap doesn't work this way, but that's NOT because Palm OS doesn't multi-task, it's because VM is a crap piece of software. Why Palm, of all people, chose as their standard app a piece of software that doesn't conform to their own programming standards is beyond me. Chatter and SnapperMail both work correctly. So yes, I can do my "magic switching" without a special launcher, though not without a special e-mail app.

The problem with answering questions in "a simple way" is that those answers are frequently wrong, although I wasn't specifically adressing you in my discussion of multi-tasking. I read, over and over again on this forum, that P-OS doesn't multi-task, which is just plain wrong. It's that mis-conception I was trying to address.

My point is that it is possible to do what you describe (leave one app, go to another, then return to the first app without losing state) using the P-OS. That, in and of itself, isn't necessarily a reason to switch to Win Mobile. There are certainly things Winmobile does that P-OS doesn't, but I get the task switching, without losing state, in most of the apps I use with P-OS.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    meyerweb,

It did sound as if you were coming at me by this statement; "The above tells me you've either never used the Palm OS, or you've forgotten how it works. I can do all the above, and more, without using an DAs or other helper apps."

And then you say;

"The problem with answering questions in "a simple way" is that those answers are frequently wrong.... although I wasn't specifically adressing you in my discussion of multi-tasking" - really because as you said; "...(I)never used the Palm OS..."

Yet you stated that you can do all this without 3rd party apps and then you say;

"So yes, I can do my "magic switching" without a special launcher, though not without a special e-mail app."

"but I get the task switching, without losing state, in most of the apps I use with P-OS." which does not mean all.

So as you admit, you do have to use 3rd party app(s) to do some of the magic. All I am saying without writing an essay is, we each use our devices differently and have different reqiurements and different ways to "work around" certain PalmOS defeciencies or lack of licensing whether it be PalmOS itself and/or poorly written apps.

So if you weren't specifically adressing me in your discussion of multi-tasking then thats cool - but it didn't sound like it.

Edit: if you reread my post #37 you will see I said "task switcher" -> "That being said, you can do that with Palm OS by using 3rd party DA's (Desk Accessories). I find this extrememly helpful. You end up having the speed and simplicity of Palm OS with a psuedo multitask (actually a task switcher that remembers the previous state of the app you left)."
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 10/09/2008 at 01:48 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123