1.    #1  
    I realised today that the most user-friendly way to disconnect from the gprs connection would be to click on the little green arrows that show on the signal meter when you're connected. Then a little "Are you sure you want to disconnect?" prompt could open.

Why is this not the case? Why do I have to go to, Prefs, Network, Disconnect, then Home again? Very frustrating!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I realised today that the most user-friendly way to disconnect from the gprs connection would be to click on the little green arrows that show on the signal meter when you're connected. Then a little "Are you sure you want to disconnect?" prompt could open.

Why is this not the case? Why do I have to go to, Prefs, Network, Disconnect, then Home again? Very frustrating!
    Why not indeed? I use NetSwitchDA combined with McPhling to turn GPRS on and off. I have McPhling set to pup up a menu of my frequently used programs when I hold down the phone key and NetSwitchDA is at the top of that list. So I can turn a data connection on and off with a couple of key presses.