Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    its all about expanding your consumer base.
    While putting your tried and true one with loyal customers in the backseat and hoping those people will be satisfied with crumbs(very few updates)? Not a good plan IMO. I barely see Treos anymore.

RIM has a better plan, make almost everyone happy. Pearls for the young people and people who don't really like clunky smartphones, Curves and worldwide Blackberries for serious users. Constant OS and feature updates for everyone. I don't know what happened, BB used to truly boring. But they got wise to market trends and even set their own trend.

Palm expanded it's customer base partially at the expense of the original IMO. I'm glad they finally got a product that makes them successful again, but the reason they even got a reputation was the Treo, which they have neglected. Don't forget your roots!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #23  
    I JUST ORDERED A TREO 800W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, for the first time ever, I am actually going to get a WM smartphone as my primary device!!!!

I'm excited but at the same time kinda worried...more like trepidation. I feel like a such newbie with WM so I hope the transition is not too painful...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post

Yup, for the first time ever, I am actually going to get a WM smartphone as my primary device!!!!

I'm excited but at the same time kinda worried...more like trepidation. I feel like a such newbie with WM so I hope the transition is not too painful...
    I ended up moving up from a 755p to an 800w - it turned out to be a great decision! Good luck!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Thanks for letting us know what you decided to do. I'm in the same boat as you in that I have longtime experience with Palm OS and now 2 yrs+ experience w/ Treo 700p on Sprint. I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship from POS to WM on the Treo 800w, and will be very interested to hear your experience and opinions once you receive your new Treo. Good luck with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Hey Gaurav,

Did you order directly from Sprint? via Telesales? What was your purchase experience like?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Hey Gaurav,

Did you order directly from Sprint? via Telesales? What was your purchase experience like?
    My plan was actually out of contract with Sprint and so I ordered via Sprint retentions department. We have 5 lines with Sprint and have been out of contract for a couple months now and all our phones qualify for the full $150 upgrade credit, so I believe the price was around $240 I recall for the Treo 800w. I think I probably could have haggled a bit more, but ymmv...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks Gfunk,

It's helpful to hear of the experiences of others! Both good and bad
    Gfunk, looking forward to hearing your experiences with the 800w.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12