Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    That's it. Plain and simple. But I'd settle for simply push syncing calendars with GCal automatically and wirelessly.
  2. #2  
    What other devices do you want synced? For Palm OS and Windows Mobile you have the option for Active Exchange Servers. There are many free options for that available for personal use. Many companies already use it for their PIM and email activities.
  3. #3  
    I know Google has a sync app for BlackBerries. Do they have one for Palm OS devices? When I was trying it, it allowed me to sync one way from iCal (on a Mac) to GCal, and then my BB checked GCal for updates and updated accordingly.

    If you're using a Mac, and using iCal, I don't think you'd be able to use that Active Exchange stuff, although I could be wrong, since I've never really looked into it. Does anyone else know? I may be interested.
  4. #4  
    Workplace will be installing Novell Groupwise 7.0 (currently on Groupwise 6.x) and will use Groupwise Mobile on Palm OS to sync IMAP IDLE email and calendar, etc. Will keep everyone updated when I become the "guinea pig" with the Centro.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I know Google has a sync app for BlackBerries. Do they have one for Palm OS devices? When I was trying it, it allowed me to sync one way from iCal (on a Mac) to GCal, and then my BB checked GCal for updates and updated accordingly.
    Have you tried goosync.com?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattf View Post
    That's it. Plain and simple. But I'd settle for simply push syncing calendars with GCal automatically and wirelessly.
    Actually, I ONLY care about calendaring - I want to sync calendars between my wife and I - that's 1 Mac (me), 1 iPhone (me), 1 Centro (her), and 1 WinXP box (hers, optional). Don't get me started on GCal - their support for iCal fades in and out, so all the 3rd party apps that link into GCal are only as good as the Google's whim for supporting iCal.

    I spent this afternoon trying to make it happen with no luck. For people smarter than me (that would be pretty much everyone), here's what I learned:

    The mail portion of MobileMe is IMAP based, not AES. Apparently there's a draft spec for push IMAP (P-IMAP), so that's what Apple is probably using. Getting this portion to work shouldn't be too bad. I didn't get it working, but all the setting options are there, my interest just wasn't that strong (see above).

    VersaMail can AES on mail, calendar, contacts, but NOT mix IMAP and AES between the three. If you choose IMAP for mail, syncing of calendar and contacts is removed from the options list.

    I struck out trying to find the me.com server name for the AES stuff. If someone can find that out AND there is Palm app for standalone AES calendar support, I'm in good shape.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnedelka View Post
    The mail portion of MobileMe is IMAP based, not AES. Apparently there's a draft spec for push IMAP (P-IMAP), so that's what Apple is probably using.
    You sure about that? I have only used Mobile ME a little bit, but I cant seem to find an answer to this. I would have thought that since Apple licensed ActiveSync, they would have incorporated this.
  8. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #8  
    Zimbra is another solution you might want to look at. It also has the advantage of being (at least partly) open source, so closure of the service for whatever reason shouldn't mean that your data is lost.

    I'm tempted, but concerned about the additional security issues and points of failure.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Have you tried goosync.com?
    +1

    If you get chatter for push google e-mail and goosync for google calendar/contacts, you will have the same functionality as mobileme.
  10. #10  
    Tirk, Thanks for the pointer to Zimbra - I'm willing to drop as much as a couple hundred to fix this, but Zimbra looks like it will be even pricier than that...though I'll dig a little deeper. They get very vague about 'consumer product' pricing, but the iCal sync is only available on the top-of-the-line professional version.

    Alas, I'm probably stuck with google-related solutions that never work for more than a few months at a time for now...
  11. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnedelka View Post
    Tirk, Thanks for the pointer to Zimbra - I'm willing to drop as much as a couple hundred to fix this, but Zimbra looks like it will be even pricier than that...though I'll dig a little deeper. They get very vague about 'consumer product' pricing, but the iCal sync is only available on the top-of-the-line professional version.

    Alas, I'm probably stuck with google-related solutions that never work for more than a few months at a time for now...
    A hosted account is about UKL5 per month per account over here. Are you looking to run the software on your own server?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  12. #12  
    www.plaxo.com works for us in a similar situation, be warned you only set up ONE plaxo account, then enable it on the other machines.

Posting Permissions