Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ehh....

Hope you got some cash though as you'll have to buy it unlocked from Euro-land.

The FCC docs show the U.S. bound version with
    • No wifi
    • No 3G
    • No GPS

Enjoy!

ps I found most of your suggestions silly for a smartphone, but perhaps others would like that stuff. But seriously...you want to use your phone as a mouse? Giant SD cards? Nikkor lens? You'll still have a tiny sensor, the lens won't do much good!

Although I do have to admit, Wifi is blazing fast on the 800w and the GPS is quite nice ;-)

You have the right to your own opinion but as far as my suggestions being silly they can’t be but so silly since that’s what others are offering.

IMO There are 2 main reasons why palm should bring back the larger SD card.
    Reason 1: compatibility: Micro SD cards need an adapter to be used with most card readers and I for one don’t like the idea of carrying that adapter with me everyplace I go.
    Of course you could bring along your Treo’s pc cable and use it as an SDcard reader but I have lost 2 cables so far doing this and they are not exactly cheep to replace.

Reason 2: SD cards are at 32GB now while mini SD is at 16GB and micro SD are at 8GB. That’s a lot of wasted space on a device that has a pathetic internal memory footprint.

As for the lens suggestion: Nokia & Sony Ericson are using Carl Zeiss lenses & the Omnia has Auto focus with smile detection. The only reason I even recommended Nikkor as a lens is because although not as impressive a name as “Carl Zeiss” its a reputable name and in the future when just about all smart phones come with the features of a modern-day pocket digital camera Palm is going to need something on the hardware front to distinguish itself from the rest.

As for the key features only being available on the EURO market that’s not a problem for me since I now live in Europe

Searching for a smart phone is like looking for a new secretary. You want them to be beautiful, smart, easygoing, reliable, capable of multi tasking and able to adapt & operate even outside the office. Additional inputs and outputs are always a plus
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 07/16/2008 at 08:17 AM.
    GPS is one of the new "must have" features. Even the friggin' iPhone just got it. My last 3 Nokia's have it, my Moto Q9h Global has it. The HP 910c does too. Blackberry now makes several models with GPS built in. But the Palm OS just can't handle it. Or Wifi. Or multi-tasking. And the list goes on...
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    GPS is one of the new "must have" features. Even the friggin' iPhone just got it. My last 3 Nokia's have it, my Moto Q9h Global has it. The HP 910c does too. Blackberry now makes several models with GPS built in. But the Palm OS just can't handle it. Or Wifi. Or multi-tasking. And the list goes on...
    I was excited when I found my new phone has a built-in GPS. It works okay for car navigation. It's useless for walking navigation, geocaching, marking any accurate point of interests, and it's quite hard on the battery.

But it is convenient for car navigation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12