Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys...

Ive noticed that Palm seems to be hiring a good number of very good talented people.

I see this as a great sign. On the other hand... Im trying not to get my hopes up TOO high in regards to the new OS.

What do you guys think it all means?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    it means that finally they are seriously trying to do a new OS.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I know that part but Im curious if the LEVEL of talent is getting anyone excited?
    There is no spoon.
    I would luv to see Palm & Google unite to make the future Treo. I mean Google has already created Android, which is Linux based and Palm is moving to Linux for the next OS. Why not use Palm's form factor as the main hardware for Android? I'm sure Palm & Google can come up with an even slicker design...any thoughts?
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
  5.    #5  
    I like the fact that they got the guy who designed the sidekick and its replacement. I hope it means my wish of a flip or slide form factor is realized.
    There is no spoon.
  6.    #6  
    BTW dlstang I like your picture.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    I like the fact that they got the guy who designed the sidekick and its replacement. I hope it means my wish of a flip or slide form factor is realized.
    *loves this idea*

http://alteraxion.typepad.com/coolga...00Slider01.jpg
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    yep thats the exact form factor that I love. One can wish right gksmithlcw?

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    yep thats the exact form factor that I love. One can wish right gksmithlcw?
    Here's to wishing!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    We can only hope they follow the trend towards larger-screen devices. This is the logical evolution.
  11.    #11  
    Im just hoping its a sign that the powers that be @ Palm are finally getting to the old adage of "surround yourself with people who are smarter than you are and you will be successful".

What Im saying is that yes Ed and his crew had great ideas and were pioneers in a sense but I think they are realizing (hopefully) that the market has passed their capabilities and they have and seems to be still are looking for more and better talent.
    There is no spoon.
    We will see. That's all you can say.
    You just hope to God that these new guys have a clue. The old dinosaurs at palm have been asleep in comas for the past several years.

I tend to think the 800w, with wifi and gps, was a product of Rubenstein's ideas, not of colligan's or any of the usual suspects.

Frankly, I think hawkins, colligan and dubinsky should all take backseats in the peanut gallery now to let the newer more capable major leaguers prove their mettle.
    ..squat if they don't get the execution right...
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Okay, that IS pretty friggin' sweet. I'd go into debt to get a phone like that . . . okay, well maybe not. But I would be motivated to purchase a new phone--something that has yet to happen at this point.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Cut off the antenna and you've got a winnah!

A big screen which slides up to reveal the keyboard?. I don't care what the "innovation experts" say, THAT would be innovation. Period.

Bring that baby to the forefront, palm. That would be your best chance at having an iphone killer.
    That would be "innovation"? Ever see a WM ppc-6600 from a few years ago? lol

http://palmtops.about.com/library/graphics/ppc6600_SMA.jpg

For some reason even HTC stopped making those devices...

Either way, it'd just be re-inventing the wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That would be "innovation"? Ever see a WM ppc-6600 from a few years ago? lol

http://palmtops.about.com/library/gr...pc6600_SMA.jpg

For some reason even HTC stopped making those devices...

Either way, it'd just be re-inventing the wheel.

For me it wouldn't so much be a matter of innovation as it would be tweaking what I already enjoy (and have grown accustomed to)--at least as far as form factor is concerned.

My wife has a similar concept with Verizon's XV6800. I might even be tempted to get that one if it weren't for the Windows OS that comes with it. For me, a "hidden" keyboard makes for the potential of a bigger screen but without the loss of the physical keyboard (I'm not digging the virtual keyboards).

I won't say it's an IPhone killer (simply as I don't really know one way or the other); but, I can say it would more than likely garner money from my wallet.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    Like I said, I could care less what the snarky, self-proclaimed innovation critics say, THAT design WOULD be innovative for palm.

Have we seen a design like that by palm since their first handheld was produced? No. So that form factor would be innovative.
    I would rather go with a Tungsten type of slider which you have to pull down to reveal the beautiful 480x320 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Cut off the antenna and you've got a winnah!

A big screen which slides up to reveal the keyboard?. I don't care what the "innovation experts" say, THAT would be innovation. Period.

Bring that baby to the forefront, palm. That would be your best chance at having an iphone killer.
    How about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast