1.    #1  
    Looking to get a new Treo (Currently have 700P). I want a (p) version. Whats the best out?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately the best Treo out is no longer a Treo. Its a Centro. Its too small for me personally but it handles everything better than the 700p or 755p

If you want a slightly more stable device with a smaller form factor go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Unfortunately the best Treo out is no longer a Treo. Its a Centro. Its too small for me personally but it handles everything better than the 700p or 755p

Well the battery life sucks worse than i can describe in human words. For a Palm OS-based device, the battery life is abysmal.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post

Centro might be the best selling Palm smartphone by far. But that's largely due to the low price. If you want to the best Treo, too bad you have to wait till early 2009. By then the new Linux-based Treo will be out. For now, 755p is the best, although more expensive than the Centro.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    I speak from personal experiance. I have had in the last 4 years a Treo 650 700p and now a 755p. I bought the wife a Centro. Basicly it does everything better than the 755p and 700p. It handles the cache better. (less resets) Blazer functions faster/better. Its basicly a snappier device all around.

It handles programs alot better. tomtom works better on the Centro along with things like ljp, it will overclock with lightspeed to higher bus speeds etc.

I myself love the 700p/755p and will not be getting a Centro. Simply put I like the size of the Treos screen and keyboard plus I think its just a sexier piece. Well at least the 755 is.
    What makes the 755p better than the 700p?
    I have the extended battery in mine and it lasts the entire day with hours of HanDBase, DTG and ChatterEmail. Plus a few phone calls.

There are 2 Centros and 1 700P in the family and the Centros are noticeably more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Well the battery life sucks worse than i can describe in human words. For a Palm OS-based device, the battery life is abysmal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post

Nothing really.Its slightly more stable, unless your with sprint and do the 755 update to the 700p then they are basicly the same.
    Yep, the Centro is the best "treo" available right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    form factor, and the finish. the soft touch finish on the 755p is very nice compaired to the 700 or 680 (or the centro). different Memory card format too, Mini SD vs SD. so you'll need to buy a new card (unless you bough a Mini SD with SD adaptor, i have a 755p with a 4gb Micro SD card in a Mini SD adaptor... trying to stay ahead of the curve for when I move to my next phone.)

Don't hold your breath on seeing a new Palm OS "Treo" in the next few months. They may be holding back b/c of the work on Next Gen hardware.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Originally posted by bigredgpk:
    form factor, and the finish. the soft touch finish on the 755p is very nice compaired to the 700 or 680 (or the centro). different Memory card format too, Mini SD vs SD. so you'll need to buy a new card (unless you bough a Mini SD with SD adaptor, . . .
    Actually, it's the card that's the problem for me. I have an 8G SD card that makes Treo a total replacement for my previous PDA and my Original 4G iPod. Although I moved up to the 30G video iPod by the time I bought the Treo, I listen to audio books and watch recorded TV shows, mostly the previous nights news. Thus the extra space on the iPod is just clogged up w/o purpose. I carry episodes of Psych and Monk, but I don't listen to them while I'm at work. Anyway, I really like he 8G card and the ability to download directly to my Treo.

Thus, I'm wondering what makes the 755p worth upgrading too (when you have to buy a new card) and why people are trying to convert their 700p to a 755. The conversion I get, because you get to still use your 700p and card. But converting takes time and effort so if the new system isn't a great improvement over the previous one, it seems to be little vaule for your time.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Performance/stability-wise, the Centro is the "best"

Overall day-to-day livability, the 755p (best compromise between size, formfactor, performance and battery life IMO)

From a compatibility and/or power user standpoint, the 700p or, if you need something GSM or smaller, a 680. (The fullsize SDHC slot means no silly mini or micro adapters to fool with, plus the 650 & 700-series has the option of a 2600mAh stock-size battery from Seidio plus a huge 3200mAh extended size battery).

So there's no clear-cut "best" Treo or Centro. They all have their inherent positive & negative attributes. The trick is to pick which one best suits your personal needs & lifestyle.

For me, solid good carrier coverage larger, a comfortable screen/keyboard & long battery life are crucial for a smartphone, not a bunch of bells & whistles. So I'd take a Verizon 755p all day over, say, a GSM Centro, even at 2x or 3x the price.

For me, the "perfect" Treo (given the limitations of Garnet) would be the formfactor of the 755p but with a fullsize SDHC slot and the improved chipset/OS/ROM bundle optimizations of the Centro. And a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack replacing the 2.5mm jack for good measure!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX