1.    #1  
    I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about Palm's latest financial reports:
    http://investor.palm.com/releasedeta...leaseID=318666

I guess its just too depressing ? Meanwhile Ed says that he has never been more optimistic about Palm's future products ?

Yeah, the numbers of Centros sold was a good thing, but as we all knew beforehand, the margins were cut so thin that the net revenue was much lower, as it also cannibalized sales of Treos...

I really do hope Palm gets a *real* chance in the marketplace to show off its new OS. There's still a small window, I think, in which Palm could make a difference, but its rapidly closing. The Limo and Android efforts are still not here yet, but Apple continues to execute well, and RIM is stormin' (with a 2X increase in revenue). People are talking that the battleground is between Apple and RIM. MS is still in there, but HTC is taking WM to new places and MS will certainly also make its own play for the next tier in UIs. And then the proprietary UIs are making a surprising impact, like Instinct, probably Dare and other LG products.

So there's not going to be much room for Palm... better make its mark fast...

And its a shame that Palm couldn't execute its Foleo vision better, since its obvious that that sort of machine has a place in the market, given the success of the ASUS EEE and its clones. But 20/20 hindsight is, well...
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more chatter about Palm's latest financial reports:
    http://investor.palm.com/releasedeta...leaseID=318666

I guess its just too depressing ?
    After a while repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over gets on peoples nerves. Palm is saying the same thing every quarter... what else is there to say?

Meanwhile Ed says that he has never been more optimistic about Palm's future products ?
    See above... sure he is paid to say that. Would anyone suspect him to say, "Palm is a sinking ship. I'm ready to pull all my shares out now. I've ruined this company. Sorry. Oh yea, do I still get that trillion dollar "golden parachute all the other executives are receiving?"

Yeah, the numbers of Centros sold was a good thing, but as we all knew beforehand, the margins were cut so thin that the net revenue was much lower, as it also cannibalized sales of Treos...
    Same song... repeated....

I really do hope Palm gets a *real* chance in the marketplace to show off its new OS. There's still a small window, I think, in which Palm could make a difference, but its rapidly closing. The Limo and Android efforts are still not here yet, but Apple continues to execute well, and RIM is stormin' (with a 2X increase in revenue). People are talking that the battleground is between Apple and RIM. MS is still in there, but HTC is taking WM to new places and MS will certainly also make its own play for the next tier in UIs. And then the proprietary UIs are making a surprising impact, like Instinct, probably Dare and other LG products.
    Nothing much new here either...

So there's not going to be much room for Palm... better make its mark fast...

And its a shame that Palm couldn't execute its Foleo vision better, since its obvious that that sort of machine has a place in the market, given the success of the ASUS EEE and its clones. But 20/20 hindsight is, well...
    Same old stuff... lol...

I think you could find 100 posts that read exactly like yours.... maybe even word for word.

Maybe someone else will be bored and reply.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001