1.    #1  
    My new company is forcing me to use a treo and I have 650 contacts in my blackberry curve - I'm not having any luck finding a data converter to avoid hand typing all this info.
    What options do you have for your blackberry? Can you export them to a cvs file? Do you have them in outlook that you can import them from outlook?
    My daughter just went from a Blackberry to a Centro and since she always backed up the blackberry with Outlook all she had to do was set the Centro to sync with Outlook. All her contacts and datebook entries transfered over without a problem.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4.    #4  
    I regularly back up the blackberry data to my laptop using the blackberry device manager - it saves the data as an "IPD" file which windows can apparently not open - I haven't been able to find the platform that will recognize this type of file extension - could I possibly convert the IPD to outlook and then get it into the treo?
    Do you still have the blackberry that you could change the blackberry's syncing to outlook? Does the blackberry's syncing software have an export feature? I'd be surprised if it didn't have an export to ASCII text and then import into Outlook or Palm Desktop (I'd suggest Outlook since that is a little more universal for syncing packages).
    If you still have the Blackberry you can take it with the Treo to your carrier's store and they can hook up and transfer the info in a few minutes.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas