Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think a 320x480 centro would be possible at the current phone size. You really wouldn't lose anything, but you'd gain a lot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I think a 320x480 centro would be possible at the current phone size. You really wouldn't lose anything, but you'd gain a lot:
    I'll have one. Of course the 5-way area is begging for a redesign to make it narrower.

(with tongue firmly in cheek) But you would have black bars each side displaying 4:3 material in sideways landscape mode.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/18/2008 at 07:33 PM.
    I like it, but I'd not want the constant switching between portrait and landscape modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I like it, but I'd not want the constant switching between portrait and landscape modes.
    What constant switching?
    They might not even have to make the device significantly larger. They could bring back the slider concept which they used for Tungsten T, T2, and T3 PDAs. This would keep the device compact while allowing for a larger, higher resolution screen. I'd have no problem with switching between portrait and landscape, I do it all the time on my Palm TX and it's quick and easy to do.

About the only downside of a slider would be that it would add one more moving part which might be prone to failure. (IIRC, Palm had a few problems with failing sliders.) Still, every company needs to do quality control anyway, so it's a direction worth exploring for Palm.
    The landscape mode could be used for taking photos with a dedicated capture button, like on a lot of other phones these days. I really think Palm could do with promoting the Media aspects of their smartphones more.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Does anyone know why youtube/Vu-Clip videos on the Sprint/Centro now only use a small percentage of the screen?

They used to fill the screen which is a real challenge for my aging eyes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12