1.    #1  
    I went and did it today. I bought an 8330. I've been Palm loyalist since the Palm Pilot days. It was simply the best platform for organization, games, notes, etc. of its time. Fast, reliable and it fit in your pocket!

So after much consideration I have decided that the 505 was the best device they made. It was monochrome the battery ran forever without needing a charge and the form factor was sexy.

I don't want to make this a Palm Bash, but the stability issues I've had over the last few years drove me to the "dark side."

I'll miss Palm.

What was your favorite device?
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    I think the palm 680 honestly. I had only been with palm since 2002 and started with the Tungsten E. I went to the Kyocera 7135, treo 600, treo 650, treo 700p, then the treo 680 for a few weeks. My wife had a centro for a few weeks. The centro and 680 were the best palm devices I had ever seen but the best palm device doesn't compare to a good Windows Mobile Pro device. That's why she only had the centro for a few weeks and I only had the 680 for a few weeks.

I don't mean to bash palm but I wanted to explain why even though they were the best palm devices we had them for such a short time.
    Honestly, it's my current 700p. It's reliable, stable, does what I need it to do.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My Centro rocks.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Honestly, it's my current 700p. It's reliable, stable, does what I need it to do.
    I agree 100%. 700P for me.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    700p for sure!
    Oh, and just so people don't think I have no grounds for comparison, I've had close to a dozen Palm devices, starting with a IIIx, and progressing through several other Palm branded devices and a couple of Sony Clie's before a Treo 600, 650 and 700.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    I went and did it today. I bought an 8330. I've been Palm loyalist since the Palm Pilot days. It was simply the best platform for organization, games, notes, etc. of its time. Fast, reliable and it fit in your pocket!

So after much consideration I have decided that the 505 was the best device they made. It was monochrome the battery ran forever without needing a charge and the form factor was sexy.

I don't want to make this a Palm Bash, but the stability issues I've had over the last few years drove me to the "dark side."

I'll miss Palm.

For me the best Palm device ever was the Visor Platinum, small fast and very stable. But it was a simpler device for a simpler time. When it was just a simple PDA with a couple of Sprinboard modules, what you could do with it was limited: PIM functions, e-books, web clips through AvantGo.

Adding the VisorPhone module to it turned my Visor into a Smartphone. And it was a whole new device with a whole new world. Integration with the addressbook meant I could At last I could do e-mail and "browse" the web (OK, I was just using web clips but I was downloading them off the 'net instead of having to sync them through my PC!) using dial-up networking at a blazing 9600 bps through its wireless modem. But it was a different device, much bulkier and heavier. And suddenly stability was an issue as my Visor would sometimes crash when swapping the VisorPhone with other Springboard modules.

Still, the smartphone thing was cool and new and I gladly upgraded to the extremely buggy Treo 180g. And I quickly upgraded again to the 270, finally a color smartphone! After replacing two defective models, I finally got a working 270 which became my phone/PDA for almost two years. But it was still very limited by its ancient Dragonball processor.

So I began carrying a Tungsten E along with my 270. This was another wonderful Palm device -- small, cheap, with a lovely 320x320 color screen, and good sound. I was a little slow and underpowered but for the it was money it cost, it was the best non-phone PDA I'd used up to that point. The TE became my MP3 player, e-book reader, and video player for two years. Even after I retired it from active duty, I continued to use it as a TV remote control for another year until an unfortunate fall cracked its screen recently.

I've also used the Treo 600, it was happily free of most of the bugs that had afflicted the earlier Treos and had a modern OS and processor. Its only weak point was its low resolution screen. The poor screen was one of the reasons why I stayed with my TE for so long. As Palm kept updating its smartphones I held off for almost two years before upgrading to the Treo 680 and while I really like this smartphone, the PalmOS is really starting to show its age. It occasionally has some annoying split second lag and while it's usually stable, there are a lot of older apps which it to have problems.

I also carried a LifeDrive for a long time, it was slow and buggy but its storage capacity was unbeatable for it time and it had it all -- wifi, bluetooth, great sound, and a big, beautiful screen. While I did finally upgrade to the Palm TX, mostly just did it because it happened to be on sale at a really good price (less than $200 during a special sale by Palm and Amazon.com and I had a coupon, getting it was a no-brainer). The TX is very nice, definitely one of the best PDAs I've ever used. It's small fast, sleak, has wifi and a great screen, and it can use my 680 as a wireless modem. What's not to love?
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post

I'll miss Palm.

The m500 was mono

The m505 was color

I say the m50x was the best devices they ever made... I say that all the time... palm reached the pinnacle with those devices. Palm lost me with the intro of the slider... what a horrid pos.

Now I use a palm 700wx... great handspring device. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001