Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Did a little moseing around and found nothing.

AT&T has a PDA Personal plan now for $30. I was on the multimedia max or however it was called for $20. After a warranty exchange of one of my 750's, the customer rep decided to reprovision my phone under the PDA Connect plan, without my consent. I called AT&T on it and they claim the usual, "Sir, your PDA will not work with the previous plan. You need a PDA plan in order for the phone to work. Yadda yadda...

Anyone else experience this? Oh and they disabled the selection of internet plans from their website, in the data section they only have the PDA Personal option.
    Want to know what I did about it? I switched to Sprint. New Centro for $99, and $30/month for 500 minutes, unlimited high speed internet, unlimited text messages and mms, and unlimited minutes after 7 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.

It was a no-brainer. Bye bye AT&T. They messed up my bill so many times that it wasn't funny, and I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone each time to get it straightened out. They overcharged me 15 times, but never undercharged me even once. Go figure.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by candela View Post
    Did a little moseing around and found nothing.

AT&T has a PDA Personal plan now for $30. I was on the multimedia max or however it was called for $20. After a warranty exchange of one of my 750's, the customer rep decided to reprovision my phone under the PDA Connect plan, without my consent. I called AT&T on it and they claim the usual, "Sir, your PDA will not work with the previous plan. You need a PDA plan in order for the phone to work. Yadda yadda...

Anyone else experience this? Oh and they disabled the selection of internet plans from their website, in the data section they only have the PDA Personal option.
    Try the online help, sometimes they just do stuff... But if that fails, call back and say you want to talk to the supervisor immediately. If he doesn't help, tell him you want to speak to HIS/HER supervisor, or retention, up to him/her.

Tell them to change your plan back NOW you did not authorize them to change it and you will not take no for an answer.

I just hope you didn't give them authorization to do it... In the past, Cingular reps would randomly toy with peoples accounts to "show changes" (ie: they did something, earn pay, etc) and sometimes those random changes which they thought were harmless were in fact bad things to do, like dumping people off the old Unlimited plans etc.. A good bit of stern growling and escalating the problem almost always takes care of it.

Just don't yell and rant, that won't get you anywhere.
    Sprint's not above changing plans w/o authorization either & I wish it only took 45 mins. to clear it up. Finally ended up usling email to clear it up w/them.

I left ATT Wireless years ago for billing issues.

Good Luck to all.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Well I have been with them since '99. I have considered dropping them a few times, just been reluctant. They have screwed me over more than I care to admit and yes at times I have spent hours on the phone, adding up the 4 or 5 calls it would take to resolve X issue. Normally any other instance I would just walk and take my money elsewhere.

I did speak with a supervisor, the customer support reps were clueless. The sup was trying to get me to accept the plan change and I told him clearly that he can credit me the money but that i wasn't happy and I would call back to get it resolved.

I will give them another go, if the problems persist, I will drop them and go with a different carrier.
    Technically, your 750 is not eligible for any of the medianet plans, including the mediamax. It tells you which data plans you can use with which devices on their website. It states that since your phone is considered a PDA, by them, it has to use the PDA plans. I don't like it either, that's one of the reasons I went back to a mobile phone and separate PDA. I'm not trying to start an argument, just stating AT&T's policy and viewpoint on the issue. I don't think you will have any success getting them to change the plan back.
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    im using my treo 750 on a $15 unlimited medianet plan . Put your sim in a normal att phone, and wait till OLAM updates to your phone, and then pick the $15 unlimited medianet, and switch to your Treo 750. Presto
    Quote Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
    im using my treo 750 on a $15 unlimited medianet plan . Put your sim in a normal att phone, and wait till OLAM updates to your phone, and then pick the $15 unlimited medianet, and switch to your Treo 750. Presto
    And when they do a system audit and catch you, and they will because it happened to me, you will get a phone bill with pay per use charges. My PPU charges for that month were over $300. But good luck to you.
    If you don't go crazy with data usage, they may not audit you.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    And when they do a system audit and catch you, and they will because it happened to me, you will get a phone bill with pay per use charges. My PPU charges for that month were over $300. But good luck to you.
    I mostly use my N75 daily, my treo only sees action when i switch to it at work
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Want to know what I did about it? I switched to Sprint. New Centro for $99, and $30/month for 500 minutes, unlimited high speed internet, unlimited text messages and mms, and unlimited minutes after 7 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.

It was a no-brainer. Bye bye AT&T. They messed up my bill so many times that it wasn't funny, and I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone each time to get it straightened out. They overcharged me 15 times, but never undercharged me even once. Go figure.
    Unfortunately your Centro won't work in Europe or most of the world outside the US. Mine will and I can just pop in a pre-paid SIM if I don't want to pay the roaming charges.

Personally, I have always had good experiances with AT&T customer support. I called them recently to get my Centro unlocked and got the code immediately.
    Yeah there's no way I'm going back to CDMA either. So much more versatility with GSM!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Unfortunately your Centro won't work in Europe or most of the world outside the US. Mine will and I can just pop in a pre-paid SIM if I don't want to pay the roaming charges.

Personally, I have always had good experiances with AT&T customer support. I called them recently to get my Centro unlocked and got the code immediately.
    I just talked to AT&T customer service today for the first time in over 20 years (was swb back then). I really have to say I had a great rep who was very knowledgable and helped me quite a bit in understanding this SIM card stuff. I bought a 680 from LSU (see his post above) to use in Italy in October, and wanted to try it as long as I have it.

I could not believe how expensive AT&T is. The lowest priced plan I could get without a contract is $29.99 a month for 200 minutes and that doesn't include data. Now granted, that's without a contract, but heck, I do have my own phone already. I bought a SIM on ebay for $4.95 that included everything to set it up and a $10 credit too, so I have a phone number and money on the card. Its cost on pay as you go is $1.00 per day that you use it, and 10 a minute with unlimited mobile to mobile and off peak, so not really so bad. Fortunately I have my Centro on SERO. I did buy an Italian SIM off ebay that will give me 30 hours of internet service plus a lot of talk time over there. But with the cost of the 680 and Italian SIM card (good for a year) will be more than saved with just a few months of service on SERO.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Since they are the only fully featured US 3G GSM carrier, that's why they get away with their prices. If only T-Mobile hadn't been so slow with their 3G roll-out and crazy bands!!

Try Rogers in Canada if you think AT&T is bad though. They are even worse price-wise, so people complain over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post

Not planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, but if I did, I could always take my GSM Treo 650. So no big deal there. Besides, I have two other GSM phones I could use. Old GSM phones are a dime a dozen. No need to tie myself to AT&T just because of travel to Europe.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    AT&T is still the only game in town when it comes to operating a smartphone like a Treo 650 on prepaid. I have a Treo 650 on GoPhone PAYG with $20 per month unlimited data and no 2-yr contract and it works great. If only the other carriers would get off their back sides and start tapping into the prepaid market. They're all addicted to holding you hostage for 24 months and charging you outrageous amounts for voice and data plans. Some carriers like Verizon have started offering data on prepaid accounts for $1 per day but will not activate it on any smartphones--only on phones they certify for their InPulse service. And their MVNO PagePlus which will activate any Verizon branded phone including smartphones only offers slooooooooowwww QNC connections which are spotty at best as far as data coverage is concerned (it works some places and won't work in others).
    I am disappointed with AT&T pricing as well. I don't even want or pay for data service, just voice and text msg (which are well under 50/month). They are trying to gouge me for $50/month for voice & SMS with 900 minutes. Since I have a Treo 680, I feel like I am stuck with AT&T and can't shop around. Is that true, am I stuck, or do I have options with AT&T and others? My dream deal with AT&T for several years is now defunct, woe is me!
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    I am disappointed with AT&T pricing as well. I don't even want or pay for data service, just voice and text msg (which are well under 50/month). They are trying to gouge me for $50/month for voice & SMS with 900 minutes. Since I have a Treo 680, I feel like I am stuck with AT&T and can't shop around. Is that true, am I stuck, or do I have options with AT&T and others? My dream deal with AT&T for several years is now defunct, woe is me!
    -- Josh
    Why don't you switch from postpaid to a prepaid GoPhone account? You can get 1000 messages for $10 with rollover if you renew within 30 days or unlimited for $20 per month. Then you can simply pay for voice minutes as you need them--$1 per day for unlimited calls to AT&T numbers plus 10 cents per min for other calls or 25 cents per minute with no daily charge. I wish more people would tell carriers to "go fly a kite" when it comes to contracts and switch to prepaid. Now if we can just get them to bring their per minute rates down some. MVNO carriers like PagePlus and Virgin Mobile have per minute rates as low as 5 cents per minute but no reasonable data plans for smartphones.
    Prepaid is my preference for several of my lines too. Contracts can sometimes cost too much with those added taxes and fees.

An even better deal for SMS prepaid is $5 per month on GoPhone for 200 messages with rollover if renewed within 30 days. I saw the previous post mentioned they only use 50 messages per month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast