1.    #1  
    I have read a lot and think I will get the Treo 755 as it is Palm and not Windows. Before I take the leap, does anyone have any other suggestions/cautions, etc?

Thank you for your time!
    I had a 755 but I mainly used it for tethering. it worked great. as for synching, I never synched with the mac so I am sure others will pitch in. I used a macbook by the way.

im sure you may want to clarify what information you want so others can ring in. feel free to check out the mac forum as they have great advise there as well.
    I had a 650 and 700p and synced it with my MacBook and it was great. The only suggestion I'd have is DO NOT INSTALL PALM DESKTOP.

Don't even bother with it. Purchase The Missing Sync for Palm and you'll be fine. I synced mine with Address Book, iCal, and To Dos (or whatever they're called) and I think I only had one problem which was quickly solved.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by polowear28 View Post
    I had a 755 but I mainly used it for tethering. it worked great. as for synching, I never synched with the mac so I am sure others will pitch in. I used a macbook by the way.

im sure you may want to clarify what information you want so others can ring in. feel free to check out the mac forum as they have great advise there as well.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know my question was vague--sorry about that. I think I am going to go with the 755. I hate making these decisions!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Don't even bother with it. Purchase The Missing Sync for Palm and you'll be fine. I synced mine with Address Book, iCal, and To Dos (or whatever they're called) and I think I only had one problem which was quickly solved.
    Great advice. Thank you very much! I will do as you suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I had a 650 and 700p and synced it with my MacBook and it was great. The only suggestion I'd have is DO NOT INSTALL PALM DESKTOP.

Please, stop spreading FUD.

DO INSTALL the Palm Desktop Manager software, there is nothing wrong with it. I have used Palm OS Treo's since 2004 till now, 650, 700p, Centro (though i currently use a 700Wx which i sync with Outlook in Parallels) and other Palm devices since earlier (T5, TX, Lifedrive) and have had no problems with their Desktop Manager app. It's well integrated, easy and works just fine. I even prefer it to iCal and Address Book.

Good thing is that if you prefer to sync your Palm to iCal and Address Book, you can use the iSync Palm Conduit (which s provided FREE from Apple http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...lmconduit.html) without having to purchase any third party software like Missing Sync (which i abhor a lot).
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Please, stop spreading FUD.

DO INSTALL the Palm Desktop Manager software, there is nothing wrong with it. I have used Palm OS Treo's since 2004 till now, 650, 700p, Centro (though i currently use a 700Wx which i sync with Outlook in Parallels) and other Palm devices since earlier (T5, TX, Lifedrive) and have had no problems with their Desktop Manager app. It's well integrated, easy and works just fine. I even prefer it to iCal and Address Book.

Good thing is that if you prefer to sync your Palm to iCal and Address Book, you can use the iSync Palm Conduit (which s provided FREE from Apple http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...lmconduit.html) without having to purchase any third party software like Missing Sync (which i abhor a lot).
    Sure, if you're just going to use the Palm Desktop to have all your calendar and addresses, go ahead and use it. But most people use Mail with their mac, and Mail integrates Apple's Address Book and iCal. If you're not going to use these Apple programs, Palm Desktop is great, but your life will be a lot easier by using them.

Also, if you do want to sync to iCal, I was never able to sync the different calendars as you can when you sync to either Palm Desktop or to iCal using Missing Sync.

Sure, Palm Desktop can get the job done, but for me, Missing Sync was well worth the price, especially since I used it for almost two years. It just made everything work so much better and just as I expected it to.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you for continuing to weigh in on this subject. I am a bit nervous about it all working!

Right now I use Entourage for email--I think I did so because I was used to it and liked it. I have been wondering, though, if I should give iMail a try.

Do you have any thoughts about using a Windows phone with the Missing Sync application?

I thought I had decided what I was going to do.....

Thank you!
    I'd give Mail, Address Book, and iCal a try. I too started using Entourage and Thunderbird when I got my Mac, because that's what I used when I had a PC. After I tried the Apple apps, I never looked back. They work so seamlessly together. Another part of my reasoning was because at the time, Mac Office wasn't Universal Binary, so it wasn't as easy to launch and get around. If you're using Mac Office 2008, you might not have this problem.

Even so, unless you're a power user that needs some of the features Entourage has that Mail hasn't (I think some corporate syncing stuff), I'd definitely give Apple apps a try.

As for using a Windows phone, I have no problems syncing one with Missing Sync. Just be sure you know what you want when you purchase Missing Sync. You have to buy a new license with each different type of Mobile OS (Palm, BlackBerry, Windows, etc.). There is a cross platform discount, but it's like $20 or something.

I'm using Missing Sync right now to sync my BlackBerry (well, it stopped, since my trial period ran out, and I'm not 100% sure I'm keeping this, so I don't want to purchase it yet), and it's working great, just not syncing birthdays and anniversaries. Windows Mobile shouldn't be any problem, since I think they've been doing WM longer than BB devices.