Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A growing number of sites are stopping Treo's from downloading (Free) Mp3's! Here, try downloading many of the links on this Mp3' page... (From PC, Ok)

http://www.kgoam810.com/goout.asp?u=...m/kgo_archives

Where are the Treocentral tech heads on this! Does anybody know what these new anti-mobile Mp3's are that only let PC's download! And why?

The sites are growing! I can think of Ten Music and lecture free Mp3 download sites that have switched in the last month!

Try downloading any of the many Mp3's on this radio station's Mp3 page I found or other FREE Mp3's music sites! Treo's were able to download on above station archives a month ago. ..

They have switched to these new type of ant-mobile device Mp3's.

Talked to some one there and they give phony answer of: "these are just Mp3's."

I hope Treocentral tech's aren't in on the "take" as to reason no chatter already about this Big Main-stake which is part of the backbone of Treo Capability and Enjoyment being Threatened!!

Input, Answers...

- Remember "Flash Media" appearing after 700p came out? We used to be able to see (all videos) on any site. Why do "they" hate Treo's!?? -
    Last edited by positron; 05/11/2008 at 03:56 PM.
    The link you provided works fine for me (Treo 700wx). I was able to download an MP3 from the site without issue.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    The link you provided works fine for me (Treo 700wx). I was able to download an MP3 from the site without issue.
    Try the 90% of most other Mobile devices! Like Treo Palm OS system's, Blackberry's, Centro's, etc on any network!

But thanks for letting most Mobile computer users know your wx windows (which I probably should have bought for $50 new at stores would be useful for something), let's you "stick your tounge out" on this troubling issue for most of us.

So, to the majory of people; who knows about these anti-mobile Mp3's!

Tech's, Engineers, IT people!....
    It downloaded fine for me with a 700p on verizon. Are you sure you are following the directions on the screen correctly? You have to click save to card and then click yes to continue.

Do you have enough room on your card?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It downloaded fine for me with a 700p on verizon. Are you sure you are following the directions on the screen correctly? You have to click save to card and then click yes to continue.

Do you have enough room on your card?
    With all due respect "cavingjan" you are Lying. We tested many phones, meaning I and a network tech. One of the phones (was a 700p on verizon network!) We didn't test a "wx." No more "wx Palm" posts. We take your word on the wx "Gadge" etc..

Note: this one site you/we are talking about has been (swamped) with complaints from mobile users. (call or read their apologies to listeners)

So, again to people with OS systems and Blackberry's meaning 90% of most of us: Need input on these anti-mobile Mp3's!

What are they? Why most mobile devices don't work with new Mp3's And why are sites doing this?

Need IT, or tech input on this format and problem!
    Last edited by positron; 05/11/2008 at 09:21 PM.
    Well, if "Positron" is a network tech, then I fear for our networks

Here's my Sprint Centro being prompted for the download dialog on that linked site. Downloading of mp3's is fine on this end.

Screen Cap

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    We tested a "centro" also. So who do we believe you or a mass of people.

Also you never said your centro downloaded on this site. If you have the means show on "Youtube" give link notice. Then remove (But your Centro is no different than ours!)

Also I said "I" and a network tech! ..
    We tested Twenty Phones. Private and brand new ones!

. And tell this radio station their thousands of Listeners are complaining about nothing when it comes to mobile downloading!

(My phone works fine. But not on these new MP3 update sites)

Some one must know what and why these new MP3 formats are stopping most mobile device downloading!

Somebody with Knowledge! Do Post.
    Real Input would be great...
    Last edited by positron; 05/11/2008 at 10:50 PM.
    The link you provided works fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It downloaded fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Downloading of mp3's is fine on this end.
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    Somebody with Knowledge! Do Post.
    Real Input would be great...
    Seems people with knowledge are posting (with the possible exception of Malatesta ), yet you're ignoring it.

I can see how tons of people would complain. It's a simple link to a .MP3 file. Since plenty of people will only have phones that support some propriatary format (and not an open MP3 format) then it wouldn't work on theirs.

That being said, if you know what you're doing this is going to work perfectly find on any phone that supports MP3's.

Quote Originally Posted by positron
    I hope Treocentral tech's aren't in on the "take" as to reason no chatter already about this Big Main-stake which is part of the backbone of Treo Capability and Enjoyment being Threatened!!
    Clearly we're all on the "take", with our spiffy "centro" and "wx" "gadge" "phones".

Hey, where's my "check"? I need my "check" for being on the "take" about this "Big Main-stake"!

9.    #9  
    Hello "Ebag333"

I can't help the Truth or the facts. And the WX in your quotes don't count. We addressed that. (Twice!) All the sites worked a month ago. Then hundreds of people couldn't download. Call or email this one site or station yourself.

After many apologies on this site, here's their throw-in the towel note: "These are MP3 files, and should work in virtually any player."

As I said earlier we tested Twenty phones on more than one network.

If anybody can give us a short clip of a OS system Palm downloading on this site (even though this new Mp3 is being put on many sites),.. Put short clip on "YouTube" and make us and thousands of others wrong. I will even send you a personal "gift"!! (a promise)

But your phone is not going to download on this site or many others. We had (brand new) phones to try. The "Old Mp3's download fine on OS Treo's and Blackberry's. Show us, prove us wrong. It's not going to Happen.

Meanwhile some one that knows about these new anti-mobile OS system Mp3's that stop OS Treo's from downloading, and many other mobile devices, give us all some Input..

Need Answers... Many People having same problem...
    Last edited by positron; 05/12/2008 at 12:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    works on my palm OS verizon 755.

I don't know what your whole problem is. to me this almost seems like it could be some "creative marketing" for that website.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Seems people with knowledge are posting (with the possible exception of Malatesta ), yet you're ignoring it.

I can see how tons of people would complain. It's a simple link to a .MP3 file. Since plenty of people will only have phones that support some propriatary format (and not an open MP3 format) then it wouldn't work on theirs.

That being said, if you know what you're doing this is going to work perfectly find on any phone that supports MP3's.

Clearly we're all on the "take", with our spiffy "centro" and "wx" "gadge" "phones".

Hey, where's my "check"? I need my "check" for being on the "take" about this "Big Main-stake"!

These are new Mp3's just put-up a month or so ago. The station Admitted this. That's after many many complaints.

(Now, would you give us a answer to this Fact.) Hmm?

Make it a good one. Don't let the facts get in the way.

More in following post.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    works on my palm OS verizon 755.

I don't know what your whole problem is. to me this almost seems like it could be some "creative marketing" for that website.
    Put it on "YouTube" prove us wrong! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and you know it. Also you're calling hundreds of people a Lier. Also the Station! They Admit It!!
    Many Treo's (all we tested) now don't work.

We spent Two Hours on this problem. "YouTube"! Somebody is a Liar!

Let's see who?
  13.    #13  
    Nobody has addressed the fact that these (sites) Admit they have changed Mp3 Types!

That is after many people Complained. And now they can't download.

--Note: To Many Treo users out there having same download problem. It's Not Your Treo! -- ..

More and more sites are changing to this new MP3..
    We will get to the bottom of this growing Problem.

Doesn't Anybody Know What the Difference Is About These New Type Of MP3's?
    Last edited by positron; 05/12/2008 at 01:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Is this a new Sacha Baron Cohen character or something?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    positron,

hi, can you

(1) post proof you are a tech
    (2) post proof that "hundreds" of people are experiencing this problem
    (3) post proof that "these sites" admit to this "problem"
    (4) post proof that the rest of us are lying
    (5) post proof that you know English and have some sort of education post-highschool
    (6) post proof of why any of us should care about some lame-o "mp3" site

Preferably in YouTube format, but you won't because "you are the liars", eh?

(this thread should either be closed or subjected to hilarious ridicule....I'm up for the latter since I know Positron will just have to respond to my post with more exclamation points and CAPS)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Hilarious ridicule: He and his techs are probably trying to use something like this to download music.

Seriously, this person has either escaped from somewhere, is trolling for visitors to that site, or just a jerk trying to stir up trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rickstreo; 05/12/2008 at 07:11 AM. Reason: add
    ... the horror....the absolute, untenable, unbridled horror of frankenpalm......
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    positron,

hi, can you

(1) post proof you are a tech
    (2) post proof that "hundreds" of people are experiencing this problem
    (3) post proof that "these sites" admit to this "problem"
    (4) post proof that the rest of us are lying
    (5) post proof that you know English and have some sort of education post-highschool
    (6) post proof of why any of us should care about some lame-o "mp3" site

Preferably in YouTube format, but you won't because "you are the liars", eh?

(this thread should either be closed or subjected to hilarious ridicule....I'm up for the latter since I know Positron will just have to respond to my post with more exclamation points and CAPS)
    Put it on "YouTube" prove us wrong! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN and you know it. Also you're calling hundreds of people a Lier. Also the Station! They Admit It!!

Let's see who?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    Hilarious ridicule: He and his techs are probably trying to use something like this to download music.

Seriously, this person has either escaped from somewhere, is trolling for visitors to that site, or just a jerk trying to stir up trouble.

Let's see who?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    The world is coming to an end, everybody!!

That's what everyoneis telling me!! If you say it isn't, you are the liar! (I mean "Lier")

How can everyone be wrong, and you are right??!! I spent many hours wondering why the world is coming to an end--the destroyers even admit it!! Someone explain to how it cannot be true even when they admit it!!

Stop sticking your tongue out!

I use exclamation points for everything!

Let's see who?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast