Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Wow! I go on a business trip and imagine my dismay upon returning to see how this thread has progressed...or should I say degressed.

    I suppose all of the arguments have been made one way or another by now...but I can't help but wonder if Positron is talking about "downloading" the MP3 or "streaming" the MP3.

    Regardless, his rudeness has pretty much dissolved any desire I had to help him...(and I AM an engineer and IT professional, who has been responsible for the deployment of thousands of mobile devices--Palm OS, WinMob, and Blackberry).

    Oh well...I hope our "friend" finds the help he is looking for. Sounds like he needs it (among other things).
    Why won't Any OS Treo download on this test site. (you saw lead post) I'm sure I don't have to repeat. This site was shut down because of the many people complaining; some on Air to host that their mobile units would not download suddenly. Site back up but problem not fixed. This so caled Mp3, only PC works.

    So if you're not faking....
  2. PDR447's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #62  
    "Innocent until proven guilty"... ever heard the phrase? The basic idea is that people are by default innocent until they can be proven guilty.

    You have given no proof that these sites are guilty of using "anti-mobile" formats. so until you do, they're innocent and there is no reason to pursue this any further.

    Why don't you step up with some proof of your claims?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Let's cut the crap huh? You've not posted any credible information for your story.

    But I tell you what, I'm out of town at the moment, but when I get back I'll post a video on ONE condition:

    You leave and don't come back.

    Why so harsh?

    You have ridiculed various members of this forum, called them liars when they simply reported back and failed to live up to your very own standard. As such, I will post a video this weekend upon my arrival home on the condition that you never grace this forum again.

    Deal?
    I don't do a lot of posting, but I kind of like seeing Baboons dig themselves into a corner.

    BUT you've touched me... "Why so harsh?" you say. Confess now that you've BS'ed. And that I and my network friend that tested many new and private OS Treo's and Blackberry's are right. Other than that: Here's your Shovel... We're waiting. (Oh Yes, with statues below..) Week? Ten minutes is all it would take! But you're not going to do Anything.

    Here's your Shovel start Digging!

    As in earlier post I've asked for a short "continuous" video clip showing a OS Treo launching the download page and downloading from this test site.

    But that's not going to happen because we tested many Treos on more than one network. No Treo would download this new type of Mp3.

    So, all your bunch of "friends" and those with 'More Than One Account' on this Treocentral site lying through your collective teeth won't change the facts.

    A Short video clip is very easy to do. Put it on "YouTube" or your private Treo format. (And show Proper page on Treo that it's an OS Treo) No more talk, prove It. But you can't.

    So now, all I and the many others with the truth (will see) from you and "friends," the multi-account bunch is talk!

    (Oh, also we will hear why you don't want to, or a host of other excuses)
    Last edited by positron; 05/20/2008 at 08:40 PM.
  4. #64  
    Positron, did you take any classes or spend time working on sentence structure and related 6th grade subjects? I see someone has commented...
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    A Short video clip is very easy to do. Put it on "YouTube" or your private Treo format. (And show Proper page on Treo that it's an OS Treo) No more talk, prove It. But you can't.
    What the heck is an 'OS Treo'

    Do you mean PalmOS / GarnetOS ?
  6. #66  
    Positron,

    You never answered my earlier question concerning streaming versus downloading. From the sample page you provided, are you trying to open a "Listen" link or a "Download" link?

    The "Listen" link is a streaming media format (actually a playlist): .M3U (which may or may not work on your Treo dependimg on what kind of player you have installed and the kinds of codecs it recognizes--in this case, whether or not it recognizes the file as a playlist).

    The "Download" link is for a standard .MP3 file, which should work with any MP3 player program.

    Direct links:

    Listen: http://bayradio.com/kgo_archives/m3u/20700.m3u

    Download: http://bayradio.com/kgo_archives/20700.mp3

    Without digging my old Treo 650 out of mothballs, I can't say whether the PalmOS Treos work with the M3U format. They definitely DO work with the MP3 format. Perhaps someone with an active PalmOS Treo can chime in on whether the .M3U link works. I assume, from your Treo it does not.

    If that is what this is all about, you could have saved yourself a lot of aggravation and clarified which link you were attempting.

    Also, keep in mind, the people on this board are not here to serve you. We are here to learn and share experiences with our Treos. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this board. Instead of calling people liars or telling them to prove something, try simply saying "It doesn't work for me. What can I try?" We have earned our stripes on this board. We don't need to prove anything. This is not a court. Change your crappy attitude and perhaps you'll get some assistance.

    Now, back to the matter at hand. What MP3 player are you running on your Treo? Do you have an SD card in your Treo?

    Perhaps some of the others on this board are using a more advanced player? You'll never find out unless you use a more constructive dialogue.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 05/20/2008 at 10:28 AM.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  7. #67  
    Insp Gadget wins, for showing respect to someone who probably didn't deserve it.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    Here's your Shovel... We're waiting. (Oh Yes with statues below..) Week? Ten minutes all it would take! But you're not going to do Anything.

    Here's your Shovel start Digging!

    (Oh, also we will hear why you don't want to, or a host of other excuses)
    I presume that is your acceptance and I will indeed hold up my end of the deal. Look for me soon . . .
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Positron,

    You never answered my earlier question concerning streaming versus downloading. From the sample page you provided, are you trying to open a "Listen" link or a "Download" link?

    The "Listen" link is a streaming media format (actually a playlist): .M3U (which may or may not work on your Treo dependimg on what kind of player you have installed and the kinds of codecs it recognizes--in this case, whether or not it recognizes the file as a playlist).

    The "Download" link is for a standard .MP3 file, which should work with any MP3 player program.

    Direct links:

    Listen: http://bayradio.com/kgo_archives/m3u/20700.m3u

    Download: http://bayradio.com/kgo_archives/20700.mp3

    Without digging my old Treo 650 out of mothballs, I can't say whether the PalmOS Treos work with the M3U format. They definitely DO work with the MP3 format. Perhaps someone with an active PalmOS Treo can chime in on whether the .M3U link works. I assume, from your Treo it does not.

    If that is what this is all about, you could have saved yourself a lot of aggravation and clarified which link you were attempting.

    Also, keep in mind, the people on this board are not here to serve you. We are here to learn and share experiences with our Treos. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this board. Instead of calling people liars or telling them to prove something, try simply saying "It doesn't work for me. What can I try?" We have earned our stripes on this board. We don't need to prove anything. This is not a court. Change your crappy attitude and perhaps you'll get some assistance.

    Now, back to the matter at hand. What MP3 player are you running on your Treo? Do you have an SD card in your Treo?

    Perhaps some of the others on this board are using a more advanced player? You'll never find out unless you use a more constructive dialogue.
    My-my-my... I'm sure you've been reading the many posts.

    We're talking about "downloading." The stream works fine.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Everyone BUT Positron seems to be able to download mp3's without problem.

    What incentive would anyone have to lie about this?

    Sorry, I can;t show a video of this because I don't have video camera.

    The next thing you'll ask for is a video of me standing on my head while the Treo is downloading.
    Oh my! No camera! Ohhh!

    Let me give you a hand. Take your Treo stand in front of the mirror that you Pluck your Eyebrows or Paint your Fingernails every morning. Then get another good size hand mirror and do a quick short video.

    There's your Shovel! Sounds like the excuses I said would come.

    (I love seeing Baboons Scurm!)
  11. #71  
    you do remember that you can't record video with the camera and surf (or download files) at the same time.
  12. PDR447's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #72  
    I find it rediculous that you have resorted to calling people that are genuinely trying to help you "baboons". I could report you and you'd likely be banned from this site but I'll hold off til a video is posted as I'm curious to see your response when you are presented with facts proving you wrong.

    oh, and it's interesting to see that you completely skipped over my previous response... avoiding the subject of actually supporting your claims?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    I find it rediculous that you have resorted to calling people that are genuinely trying to help you "baboons". I could report you and you'd likely be banned from this site but I'll hold off til a video is posted as I'm curious to see your response when you are presented with facts proving you wrong.

    oh, and it's interesting to see that you completely skipped over my previous response... avoiding the subject of actually supporting your claims?
    Oh quit your whining! I'm not letting you off the hook! -And as you well know I was affronted first-

    Don't worry "DL.Cummings" is comng to your rescue! (He says video on the way.)

    As for you attemping to reverse the subject, your assertions and claims; Ha,
    I admit my Treo or any OS Treo doen't work on this link and put it up to prove it. All you would see is my Treo not responding! BUT You Know this, because your OS Treo does the same.

    But Quit Wiggling!

    You can Confess now that you've BS'ed. And that I and my network friend that tested many new and private OS Treo's and Blackberry's are right. Other than that: Here's your Shovel... Start Digging.

    As in earlier post I've asked for a short "continuous" video clip showing a OS Treo launching the download page and downloading from this test site.

    But that's not going to happen because we tested many Treos on more than one network. No Treo would download this new type of Mp3.

    So, all your bunch of "friends" and those with 'More Than One Account' on this Treocentral site lying through your collective teeth won't change the facts.

    A Short video clip is very easy to do. Put it on "YouTube" or your private Treo format.
    Last edited by positron; 05/20/2008 at 10:59 PM.
  14. #74  
    Yeah, hanh? Ill get my "bunch" of friends, you get your "bunch" of friends and they'll invite THEIR bunch of friends and we'll rock the house on our freely downloaded mp3 ringtones. Let's start this bad boy off the right way with the appropriate tune....( "tiny bubbles" kicks off in the background).


    You`re right. A short video clip IS very easy to do. I managed to put one together for you here in "youtube" format for your private treo! Without further ado, here it is.



    Makes a great ringtone!
    Last edited by logmein; 05/20/2008 at 11:16 PM.
  15. PDR447's Avatar
    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    #75  
    I think I'll take a page out of positrons book and just copy-paste my replies.

    "Innocent until proven guilty"... ever heard the phrase? The basic idea is that people are by default innocent until they can be proven guilty.

    You have given no proof that these sites are guilty of using "anti-mobile" formats. so until you do, they're innocent and there is no reason to pursue this any further.

    Why don't you step up with some proof of your claims?
  16. #76  
    Enough already. This thread is closed.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions