1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Perhaps I will get an answer as predictable as asking a group of vegetarians whether I should eat a fruit salad for dinner or a nice juicy NY strip steak instead. I'm debating whether to replace my 700wx with a HTC Mogul (Sprint), or to wait for the 800 to come out.

I'm a bit irritated at Palm for not proving voice command over Bluetooth (that is, I can't initiate voice dial over my BT earpiece), no plans to provide an upgrade to WM6, and the lack of a built-in GPS unit.

How do you all feel about the Mogul? Or, should I wait for the 800 to come out?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Two main factors to make your decision:

1) Which form factor do you like better? I find the mogul slide-out keyboard kind of annoying.

2) Does the 800w have more ram? Part of the reason the Touch runs a bit more stable than the Mogul.
    Personally i cant stand finger prints on my screen, the 800w has 128 internal memory with 256 upgradeable. not bad. Additionally the 800w is GPS compatible.
  4.    #4  
    papped and jessessays: Well, I do like the Treo's form factor. Any idea as to when the 800 for Sprint will become available?

Kevin
    Probably sometime in July. But who knows, since release dates are often not met.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Pros and cons as I have experiences with the Mogul / 6800

Pros
    BT, WM6, Large screen

Con
    Slide keyboard, not enough RAM!!!!!!! Just about makes the phone unusable. I have to constantly shut programs down so it doesn't freeze. If it had the same specs as the Tilt only in CDMA I might be able to live with it and not be waiting in line the day that the 800W comes out.

I am used to the Treo form factor. If it wasn't for the BT I would still be using my WX as I loved everything else about it. Just a little bit dated.
    Yeah the ram is a definite issue compared to devices like the Touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessessays View Post
    Personally i cant stand finger prints on my screen, the 800w has 128 internal memory with 256 upgradeable. not bad. Additionally the 800w is GPS compatible.
    What? No stylus???