Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Hi. which is the best overall carrier for service (getting a good solid signal, with the least dropped calls) in the Northeast, and also nationwide. I'm frustrated that Verizon is always last to market with all palm phones. tnx.
    Varies from area to area usually, so it's kinda hard to answer.

Also your post is a little confusing because you want the criteria based on signal strength, but then comment that Verizon may not be the ideal option because of phone release dates. Are available phones a factor too then?
    The current issue of laptop magazine compared all the carriers. Seems like nationally (well actually internationally), AT&T wins with Verizon 2nd followed by sprint and t-mobile. I use Sprint in NY/LI and have been thrilled with the service. But I always wonder what it would be like if I leave this area.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.