Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I have been searching for a way to use my Treo to download my email from the company. They really only support Blackberry's, so I'm looking for a way to NOT get a Blackberry, but I need to get my email realtime. I have searched lots of forums, but I honestly do not understand a lot of what I read. I have Verizon and a 755p.

I can access my email through Outlook Web Acess and it's address is a Https:// so i guess that means its a SSL. My company will not give me a Cert, so is there any other way?

I have looked in Chatteremail because it says that you can access OWA, but it doesn't say how. And from what I can tell, you need something called a EX Plugin that doesn't seem to be available anymore. Anyways, if anyone can help, I would appreciate any guidance, otherwise I guess I have to buy a Blackberry.

Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by mase9921 View Post
    Hello all,

I have been searching for a way to use my Treo to download my email from the company. They really only support Blackberry's, so I'm looking for a way to NOT get a Blackberry, but I need to get my email realtime. I have searched lots of forums, but I honestly do not understand a lot of what I read. I have Verizon and a 755p.

I can access my email through Outlook Web Acess and it's address is a Https:// so i guess that means its a SSL. My company will not give me a Cert, so is there any other way?

I have looked in Chatteremail because it says that you can access OWA, but it doesn't say how. And from what I can tell, you need something called a EX Plugin that doesn't seem to be available anymore. Anyways, if anyone can help, I would appreciate any guidance, otherwise I guess I have to buy a Blackberry.

Thanks for your help
    If the mail server is MS Exchange 2003 with SP1, you should be able to use Vesamail to access the emails. (Assume that the IT did not disable the mobile access.)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase9921 View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks for your help
    Chatteremail should do it, really really well too. Our extranet has variable passwords (grr) but if I connect via bluetooth to the intranet, I can access OWA with the EXplugin, and it is _nice_. Equivalently fast to Outlook, if not faster. If you have static passwords from the internet (i.e. no Secure ID tokens, or you don't know what I'm talking about) then you are good to go anywhere. SSL certs shouldn't matter, it's not WM; if you can get there from a regular browser, then you should be able to use the ex plugin I suspect.

The EX plugin is no longer supported, and after the last flurry of updates got removed from the old forums (explugin.com), but TC is here for us...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136618

If you read through the explugin forums and the TC archives and can't figure out how to get it set up (most of the screen is self-evident, but you may have to play with a couple of settings), post a new topic in Palm Software and one of us will help. =)

I went from a standalone Palm (m130) to BB, and it was oh so limiting. Nice stable interface but... I'd avoid it if I could. (I also use Windows at work, even though I've got a really stable Debian server with no GUI at all. =)