Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Jott sounds cool, but they'd have to actually check their email/txt.

maybe i'll write a book. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Just tell them to use JOTT, they call the 800# record his/her message, & JOTT will send it to you in an email or text, now everyone's happy plus JOTT is FREE!

LOL

Back in the day....(1994-1996) I had a pager like this. I just gave people my 800 number, they would talk to an operator and then it would display on my pager. I paid like 20 dolars or so a month for that pager though since back then it was a step up from the regular pager service.

You want to talk about etiquette (sp) and being rude.....

How about these people that assume text messeging is free an/or unlimited and text you crap chain email like texts!

Some people just pist me off with that. I definately dont answer to that!
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    ...You want to talk about etiquette (sp) and being rude.....

How about these people that assume text messeging is free an/or unlimited and text you crap chain email like texts! ...
    Exactly. I pay by the message for texting, because I rarely use it. If I want near instantaneous communications I turn on IM.

So when someone sends a text message that says "just wanted to say hi"

LOL
    Consider this scenario:

I am driving down the highway and txt msg comes in that would otherwise result in several txt messages being sent back and forth. While driving, I simply am not going to txt. I will call them back every time.

Another scenario: I am working on a project & txt comes in. I can send a precomposed txt that I am busy and will get back to them later. Once I finish the project I have forgotten about the txt and forget to respond to it. Was I being rude (even if I didn't send the busy response)?

Also consider this: what if my phone's off, out of coverage, or simply that I left it lying on the charger in another room and I pick up the phone and see someone's been txt'ing me? How could I have responded in 5 min (or whatever short time frame)? Does that make me inconsiderate?

Just some thought.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12