1.    #1  
    Didn't know where best to post this so I'll try here...

I have a 750 and my wife just got a Centro. We have already seen a need to occasionally transfer files between devices (e.g., .jpg picture files, etc.) and we have done so by IR but that requires that the phones be placed right next to each other and you can't do anything else while you're sending them. I know we could also email them back and forth, but I thought the via bluetooth would be faster.

I set up both devices to list each other as "trusted" in bluetooth, but can't find an option to send such files via bluetooth in either direction. Does anyoneknow how I can do this?

Thanks in advance!
    With the Files program on the Centro:
    goto the file, select the menu and choose send. Bluetooth is an option under send. The procedure is similar on the Pics and Videos program.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the response. I tried sending a .jpg from the Centro to the 750 using the bluetooth send option, and I can see the bluetooth icon on my 750 blink from blue to white then back to blue, then I get an error message on the Centro; "Unable to send to: (my 750 device name).

I tried sending a .jpg the other way; from the 750 to the Centro and I don't have the bluetooth option under send.

Frustrating!

Any other thoughts?
    Since both devices have InfraRed, why don't you use infrared to transfer.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks GFONG! I know that I can use IR (see my OP). Now I'm just curious why bluetooth won't work and wondering if someone can give me a technical reason why it won't.

Any takers?
    I also own a Treo 750 and Centro. I am able to send files from Treo 750 to Centro but not Centro to Treo 750.

Maybe you can try this:

http://www.softick.com/commander/

* I have not used it before.
    Last edited by GFONG; 04/15/2008 at 02:08 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks again GFONG!

Please explain the steps you use for sending files from your 750 to your Centro. I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advance!
    BT files transfer from Treo 750 to Centro

1. Pair both devices:

2. Open File Explorer in Treo 750;

3. Select the file;

4. Tap and hold for the pop up menu and choose Beam File or Press Menu button and choose Beam File

5. Treo 750 will search for the device and follow the screen instruction.

Please let me know whether it is working.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks! That worked!!

I wonder why we can't send them the other way? (from the Centro to the 750)

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Thanks! That worked!!

Any thoughts?
    Below has the explanation of why Palm OS device can't send the file.

http://www.softick.com/commander/
    The palm os will send pictures, memos, docs, apps throuh bluetooth natively via the send option. Ive never had an issue sending anything via bluetooth.
    Ive even sent mp3"s via bluetooth with no problem. (other than taking a long time)

for the odd things the os will not let you send ie mp3's or strangefiles kept on card you can use apps like that softick one, resco explorer, or filez (free!)

Ive sent things via bluetooth to other phones and my laptops via bluetooth and never had a problem as long as they were paired.

Thats really odd that you can send one way but not the other. Could it be the wimob wont receive bluetooth file transfer from anything not winmob?
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Thanks! That worked!!

Any thoughts?
    It sounds like you haven't turned on 'receive all beams' on the 750 (Settings-Connections-Beam). If this is unchecked, the OBEX service isn't running, and your 750 won't receive BT transfers. Confusing, I know...
  13.    #13  
    Thanks wallen! That did it!!

You're right, that is not at all intuitive. I've always associated "beam" with IR, never with BT.

Thanks for the help!!!!
    I have read the posts, downloaded filez, the message that shows up is "this operation allows only files to be selected (audio)"
    I am trying to send a mp3 file from my centro to my wife's phone. I bought the cd and used the computer to get it on my phone, but the above message pops up when I try to send it.
    What did I goof up so I cant send it?
    any help would be greatly appericiated.