1.    #1  
    hi all,

Now that Palm has a new infusion of $ and now three Apple execs, what do you think will be the 1st major new product??????????

I do not mean the 800, which is still designed from a morphed design of the Treo 600/650, & the Treo 300!. Even though palm now has a $99 model and the 750/755, I think they need to go in a different direction, with something as niche creating as the treo line was when it was new.

I would think these apple people will help Palm come out with a new innovative and different TREO.

For example a keyboard with a roll up OLED screen....

I am hoping this posting becomes a combo wish list and educated quess.

Thanks for all input, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The next huge product for palm is android... if that is majorly successful, has solid devices, and includes a palm knock-off, then palm can hang it up... as these people think palm will do: http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...g/?mod=BOLBlog

If android fails, which it might giving googles record on products outside of search, then palm stands a slim chance.

For internal products, I'd say their next BIG product is their OS. Obviously, their new OS has to not only beat the iphone, but must also compete with rim and HTCs offerings. Considering their financial woes, I'm hoping they can do a good job on the new OS.

Hardware side, they need MORE devices and upgrade more often... I've had my treo for 15 months now.... I'm ready for a new palm device, but nothing is available. I'm forced to look at things like the mogul. We all know the standard things we would like in a new palm phone.. no use in going back over those here.

Palm should focus on building quality products instead of cutting edge "toys." In the last couple of years, I've not been impressed with palm's mistakes.

Personally, I think palm goes under, but the name lives on with another company... the palm name is too popular to die...
    Last edited by theog; 04/13/2008 at 08:59 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  3.    #3  
    All of what you say sounds great cannot wait! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    How long can we wait on Palm? They've let their momentum carry them for at least 6 years now and unfortunately have fallen well behind others. I kept telling myself I'll wait for the new gen OS but I don't want to wait another year.

I'll be watching, but I'm migrating to WM for a while I think.. Nothing I ever wanted to do but it's really the only other option for me right now.

Maybe in 2010 Palm will have come out with their new OS and worked out the kinks and it'll be 2002 all over again where Palm is the leader in innovation, interface, usability, the whole ball of wax. I hope so. Until then, I am going to see what's on the other side of the fence.
    A 3-in-1 Stylus, Ink pen and IMB puch-card tool.

WARNING: The above comment may contain material of a sarcastic, farcical, or witty nature and, therefore, should not be read by the humor-impared and could be misunderstood by many owners of Palm products.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    A 3-in-1 Stylus, Ink pen and IMB puch-card tool.

WARNING: The above comment may contain material of a sarcastic, farcical, or witty nature and, therefore, should not be read by the humor-impared and could be misunderstood by many owners of Palm products.
    lol, LOL,lol, LOL. Punch cards, that was so long ago, I totally forgot about them.