Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Hello all...

    I'd like to connect to the internet in the following manner from my Treo:

    Treo 650 -> BT -> Nokia 6650 -> GPRS -> Internet

    So what are the network and BT settings to accomplish this?

    The reason for doing this is my Nokia 6650 has slightly better reception in my office & home and infinitely better voice and speakerphone quality. Of course, the Nokia is a Dumbphone. No email, IM, weather, basically NO good applications, other than crappy games.

    I searched and found this unanswered question from two days ago:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1417509

    ...and this rather exhaustive webpage:
    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can..._internet.html

    - mvk
    Game over!
  2. #2  
    I seem to remember a reverse tethering thread somewhere a long time ago. Why don't you just sell you treo and get a TX or a Nokia n800?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I seem to remember a reverse tethering thread somewhere a long time ago. Why don't you just sell you treo and get a TX or a Nokia n800?
    I'll do a search for "reverse tethering." Part of searching is knowing the correct search terms. That's a neat idea... a search for the correct search term(s). You heard it here first!!!

    Anyways... I don't think I could dump my Treo so easily. It's the coolest phone according to me. I plan on getting Centro when it becomes available here... All this Nokia business is to give my Treo some well deserved rest.
  4. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Part of searching is knowing the correct search terms. That's a neat idea... a search for the correct search term(s). You heard it here first!!!
    yes so true, I think people who criticise newbies, not believing that they have actually done the searching they claim to, forget this. The way ideas are conceptually sorted, or just named, within a specialised community doesnt always naturally match up with the way they are dealt with in the wider world!
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    yes so true, I think people who criticise newbies, not believing that they have actually done the searching they claim to, forget this. The way ideas are conceptually sorted, or just named, within a specialised community doesnt always naturally match up with the way they are dealt with in the wider world!
    I'm going to register "searchsearch.com"

    I remember AltaVista used to have conceptual map of one's search... much like the visualthesaurus (www.visualthesaurus.com). But it was too complex for the realworld.
  6.    #6  
    I re-searched and all. Not much help with that. I'm back to my Treo.

    - mvk

Posting Permissions