1.    #1  
    Looking for some input. I'm thinking about switching from ATT $99 unlimited voice w/mobile laptop card to Sprint $99 all-inclusive plus laptop mobile broadband card. Has anyone had experience with both providers mobile broadband cards? Which is faster? Also, I have great CS from ATT through a local company store. Can the local retail reps for Sprint handle my CS issues? I am in So Cal, and using a Centro.

I am also hearing that ATT will be launching its 4G-hspda network soon, which will make the laptop mobile broadband service faster. Does Sprint have plans for upgrading?

Advantages to switching to Sprint

Lower overall cost 99+60 mobile broadband vs. ATT 99+30 data plan+60 mobile broadband

Faster CDMA Data on Centro

Disadvantages

Unknown CS. I know a Manager at my local ATT store and pretty much get everything I could possibly want.

ATT eminent 4G launch for faster Laptop (won't effect Centro data speeds though)

Ease of switching devices with GSM sim card.

Able to use ATT broadband Wifi at any Starbucks, Micky Dee's ETC. with Laptop card service.

Your thoughts-comments are appreciated.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    Seems like you value CS. I've heard stories now about sprint's horrible CS and of course calling them is a pain. However, as a long time sprint user, the only time i call them is to deal with any billing issues and is rare (but yes, is a pain). I'm not sure how important CS is to me then. For most tech issues, i read forums..such as this one.

Important: I highly dislike reading what deals people are getting and getting the run around when i call inquiring about similar (especially being a long time customer). This irks me but its not unique to just sprint. Just one of my pet peeves i guess..lol I guess you could attribute that as bad CS...

But price. Sprint is cheapest. Speed? Sprint has em there too as they've concentrated on this end (some say too much). I'm not up on the 4g stuff but thought Sprint was focused on wi-max or whatever. Sprint's data cards work great for me especially in my area (louisville)..a much wider area than AT&T's 3g.

Sprint looks good IMO with the 800w coming out and what looks like a "reawakening" from them after hitting those losses. It really depends on your needs, how the service is in your area, type of phones you'll use, price, CS perhaps, etc..
    sprint is lacking in the cs department i will say that. it's slowly getting better. i think a lot of it happened with the merger and they are just now starting to pull themselves out of the hole they were in.

i'm confused about your "cs issues"....if you are having so many issues with your att service that you HAVE to have a great cs then i would wonder why even stay with that company. other than when i switched from nextel to spring and had a mess up with my phone, i've never had problems therefore never needed cs. if everything runs smoothly with your service, you'll never need to call them about anything.

that being said, my friend who has att had a worse time than me with CS so he dropped att. they wouldn't even replace his phone with insurance (which he paid monthly) when it was stolen, he reported it stolen and sent them the police report. for 4 months they still charged him for service when he didn't even have a phone because they refused to replace his. he eventually dropped them to move to sprint and hasn't had a problem for a year.

every person has different experiences.

and att's network, talking 4g...that's a joke, they need to get their phones on 3g first, lol. baby steps att, baby steps.

i used to love att until the cingular bs happened then they went to ****. i had nothing but problems since that so i switched. so far my sprint/nextel service is great and i always have service, places that my att/verizon friends don't.
    Sprint is in trouble as a company. My neighbor works for them and has just laid off 3/4 of his staff, something like 19 positions. It's happening company-wide too. Their financials are a mess and rumor is they're looking for a buyer. Sprint has written off almost the entire Nextel purchase, something like $33 Billion.

Having said that, if they offer the best plan and coverage in your area, they're the one to go with. They're not going out of business tomorrow, that's for sure. It's just something to anticipate down the road. These things always get messy, and what is mediocre customer service now will surely get worse if the company starts to wind down. Then just finding out if/when you can port your number to another carrier gets to be an ordeal. Account in limbo, bills paid but not credited to your account, etc. Just a nightmare.
    NO NO NO Definitely Not. Do not switch. I have Sprint and it's a nightmare. My contract is up in December and then I'm out. My family has been with Sprint for a long time but when they merged with Nextel they went to hell. Customer service is the worst. My husband can't get the web to work on his phone. He calls customer service and they've hung up on him. We went to Sprint store, spent 2 1/2 hours and it still won't work. When trying to register online it says it's sending me text with a code but it never arrives. Not to mention I'm paying WAY to much for what I'm getting. If you don't want to take my word for it here's a couple of things you should check out. Hope it helps.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=367

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/24/sprint-layoffs-start-at-the-top/

~Nehemaut
    Back in 2004 I made the switch from Cingular (now AT&T) to Sprint. I had my go-round with customer service at the start. Coverage was similar at the time. But through my troubles, Sprint did everything possible to keep me as a customer, going wayyyy beyond anything AT&T had ever done for me, including crediting me 2 months FREE because AT&T charged me a full month's service for 2 days of use while "porting" my number. They upgraded me from a 600 to a 650 and then to a 700p and 2 phones for my parents for basically nothing over the course of 2 years. And I was a customer of Sprint's long distance service from '94-'01 when I had a landline.

My parents had AT&T as their landline and cell company and all they got was flack from AT&T. They actually liked Sprint's customer service better than AT&T's - even though the cell service didn't work quite as well in their house. I think that says a lot there, but we like to say Mom made so many long distance calls Sprint ran their fiber backbone up a railroad track not a mile from her house (she was a Sprint long distance customer, too).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have never had an issue with Sprint's customer service. I usually email ecare or dial 877 812 1223, but I also don't have to deal with them very often so it's a small sample size. But, I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, SERO is the big reason I stay with them. $30/month for 500 minutes, unlimited data, and unlimited texts. There is also a plan for $50/month with 1200 minutes. Absolutely the best deal out there. I wouldn't switch from Sprint if CS hung up on me every time. Oh, and I have great coverage and just got EVDO.
    what is the email for the customer service?.... and what do you need to say in regards to your account verification in the email..

also i agree with what dave is saying.... an plan similar to this with att will cost you around 99/month...

realistically how often are you going to call customer service?
    1) Number Porting
    2) First Month bill screwed up
    3) 8th month bill screwed up
    4) Misc
    5) Misc
    Let's say worst case 5 incident in a year... yearly saying is $840. You are saving $168/incident.. I've called customer service twice now... oen to activate my phone and one to change my shipping address. Did not have an issue, the woman who helped me out were very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I have never had an issue with Sprint's customer service. I usually email ecare or dial 877 812 1223, but I also don't have to deal with them very often so it's a small sample size. But, I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, SERO is the big reason I stay with them. $30/month for 500 minutes, unlimited data, and unlimited texts. There is also a plan for $50/month with 1200 minutes. Absolutely the best deal out there. I wouldn't switch from Sprint if CS hung up on me every time. Oh, and I have great coverage and just got EVDO.
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Sprint's ecare address is ecare2@cc.sprintpcs.com. They also have online chats now, but I don't have any experience with that.
    I had heard of SERO a few times but didn't know what it was and checked it out. It is only for friends or family of Sprint employees. Sounds like a great deal, too bad I don't know anyone who works for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by nehemaut View Post
    I had heard of SERO a few times but didn't know what it was and checked it out. It is only for friends or family of Sprint employees. Sounds like a great deal, too bad I don't know anyone who works for Sprint.
    you don't need to know anyone.. you should read up.... here's a little early xmas gift for you ...

type savings@sprintemi.com

i used it and it works great...
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)