1.    #1  
    How do we disguise Treo signal on net as coming from a PC to sites? What program is out there? Or good program from a smart programer!

Give Some Suggestions!!...

This would make life a lot better for us mobile Treo users. Net sites will sometimes (divert) mobile access to advertisements or "double click" page only instead of its downloads, pictures, or main content etc. This happens when it detects moblie computers like Treo. The sites know if your device is coming from mobile vs straight PC access..

Also a lot of sites have stopped or blocked (downloading) from mabile devices. No all (yet) but this is a flash-back of when "Flash" came out stopping Treo's from watching videos suddenly after being able to view them on many sites previously!

Change mobile codes/signal to PC signal suggestions!! (or Treo the end is near!)
    Last edited by positron; 03/31/2008 at 03:33 PM.
    I think you mean a personal WAP proxy (that your treo access your computer, then the computer access the internet). the Treo itself is "just too slow" to 'act as a proxy' (filtering, etc)

this is the same thing as, you cannot play a 640x480 divx file directly on the palm, you have to convert it down, otherwise the palm will be "just too slow" to play it.

ARM code is all about reducing size/code, keep most simple and increasing battery life.. till we have hydrogen/fuel cell battery then its another story
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I think you mean a personal WAP proxy (that your treo access your computer, then the computer access the internet). the Treo itself is "just too slow" to 'act as a proxy' (filtering, etc)

this is the same thing as, you cannot play a 640x480 divx file directly on the palm, you have to convert it down, otherwise the palm will be "just too slow" to play it.

ARM code is all about reducing size/code, keep most simple and increasing battery life.. till we have hydrogen/fuel cell battery then its another story
    There has to be something that can be done? I am surprised more people aren't complaining about their mobile access being diverted; also of a lot more sites downloading links not active through mobile?

What about these proxy server codes/setup page on Treo?

Also sometimes the site is fooled, or glitches: why? You are probably right in what you are saying. But there is always a solution... (This is a flashback of "Flash" stopping Treo's!)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I _think_ what you're asking is, when browsing, how do you keep the site from either 1) moving you to the WAP site, or 2) detecting your browser isn't IE and not doing stuff.

By way of answer, I don't think there's a way to disable WAP in Blazer. You can use another browser (Xiino, Opera Mini) but those have pretty severe down sides.

You could also complain to the sites, but most of them want to push you into the mobile side for marketing reasons. Some sites recently have started to redirect you to the mobile equivalent (for example, my google hit of CNN (or MSNBC or something like that) took me to the mobile CNN), and Google of course still has the basic HTML/standard button on most of its pages.

If you find yourself hitting the problem mostly with Google searches, you can (maybe still?) set Google to display results in mobile format, which makes Google proxy your request so you get the PC version of the result.

I don't think any full-function PalmOS browser except Universe has a way to spoof the browser string, but I think it will punt you to WAP pages.
    I think there might be programs for WM based palms, but not much for Palm OS based.

ARM program is not easy to write I think
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d