i hope that gets Steve Jobs chills down his spine

Frankly, there are more similarities between Apple and Palm than people will admit.

Did anyone watch that linked video entitled "Mobility"? that was AWESOME. Kinda wished it was a preview of the next generation Palm OS
    Last edited by bulls96; 03/28/2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Palm needs to find out why people buy its products.

No doubt an Apple PRPRPR $exec$ $has$ $some$ $useful$ $experience$ $behind$ $her$. $And$ $its$ $helpful$ $to$ $have$ $beeen$ $mentored$ $by$ $Steve$ $Jobs$.

But these are two very different companies, with different depth of resources, different talents, and different capacity for ambition.

Steve can afford to wipe the slate clean and build a buttonless iPhone. Palm can't afford foolios.

Part of their problem is that they need to remember what specific features and capabilities their existing customers like about their products, while anticipating new products that can recapture the "buzz" crowd that's already moved on. (those two forces are potentially very antagonistic).

Getting a more robust and capable OS is a part of that, maybe even the primary part of that.

But because the process of getting to that new OS has been so prattfalled with bad decisions and idiocy, the entire company has been handcuffed for years.

I mostly like my 755P, and if had the same phone with GPS and WIFI I'd be pretty happy.

But most high end phones will have those features a year from now -- and I doubt that will be sufficient for Palm.

Palm's singular distinctive advantage is the simplicity and programability of their OS -- unfortunately their primary problem is unfortunately also that OS...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Did anyone watch that linked video entitled "Mobility"? that was AWESOME. Kinda wished it was a preview of the next generation Palm OS
    The next gen PalmOS probably won't even able to play that video natively.
    I hope that she can help Palm improve its absolutely dismal advertising campaigns.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.