1.    #1  
    Palminfocenter started it all with this article.... http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...alminfocenter/

Then i was browsing thru YouTube and found this Video back in 2000 when Jeff Hawkins who was then the Chairman of Handspring (Before it got incorporated into Palm) was interviewed by Charlie Rose about mobile computing.

Its just enjoyable to be able to watch how Jeff Hawkin's "Vision" started and finding that some of these will actually come true...

Its a 58min video.... JH's segment is in the middle. WIll try to cut it to JH when i have the time but it is worth watching

It just reiterates the "Heritage" of Palm in the mobile computing world....
    - INSTANT ON
    - Focusing on certain functionalities and doing it well (and not try to do everything)
    - ease and simplicity of use

And he answers the question "How do you see this (the Pilot) 10 years from now?" - interesting answer
  2.    #2  
    I found a shorter version of this video...

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/200...h-jeff-hawkins

More tidbits from the interview...

CR:
    If there is anything i know about you, it is that you believe in the future of handheld computers and wireless data.... that is your bible

JH:
    Yes! More on more people are gonna be carrying a mobile device and think of that as their personal computer and primary internet access device...

CR:
    When?

JH:
    Oh thats a big question.... in 10 years.... (it was year 2000 then)

CR:
    How do you see this (Palm Pilot) in 10 years?

JH:
    It will be much thinner, probably half this thick, with a bright color display, and always connected to the internet... (actually pretty much like a vision of an iPhone)

Talk about visionary... In 2010, we will probably have WiMAX or some technology of that sort, and it WILL probably inevitably replace Voice devices...

Go watch it it is pretty interesting
    Last edited by bulls96; 03/18/2008 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Palminfocenter started it all with this article.... http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...alminfocenter/

Then i was browsing thru YouTube and found this Video back in 2000 when Jeff Hawkins who was then the Chairman of Handspring (Before it got incorporated into Palm) was interviewed by Charlie Rose about mobile computing.

Its just enjoyable to be able to watch how Jeff Hawkin's "Vision" started and finding that some of these will actually come true...

Its a 58min video.... JH's segment is in the middle. WIll try to cut it to JH when i have the time but it is worth watching

It just reiterates the "Heritage" of Palm in the mobile computing world....
    - INSTANT ON
    - Focusing on certain functionalities and doing it well (and not try to do everything)
    - ease and simplicity of use

And he answers the question "How do you see this (the Pilot) 10 years from now?" - interesting answer
    that is amazing he predicted by 2010 pocket internet and color screens and look at the centro its small, instant on, pocket internet, and connected to the net all the time like he stated would be the next big thing.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!