Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    With a Treo... if I have a wired GPS receiver could I receive a call on a Bluetooth headset and still follow the GPS directions at the same time? And then, while doing that, would I be able to record the conversation with another application? (So that I could then write the details into my calendar at the next stop.)

thank ya'll,
    Trevor
    I can use the phone while I use other apps.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Which OS? Palm or Windows?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevdor View Post
    With a Treo... if I have a wired GPS receiver could I receive a call on a Bluetooth headset and still follow the GPS directions at the same time? And then, while doing that, would I be able to record the conversation with another application? (So that I could then write the details into my calendar at the next stop.)

thank ya'll,
    Trevor
    Yes, but multiple Bluetooth inputs only on a 680 or better. However, you will have to re-launch your Navigational app, as the Phone app will launch itself when you get the call and when it disconnects, unfortunately. I wish there was a way to answer/end a call without interrupting the current program.

Although I highly suggest you don't try to talk, navigate, take notes, and drive at the same time.
    Wouldnt Phone switch work well for that? Call ends back to the nav program right?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yes, but multiple Bluetooth inputs only on a 680 or better. However, you will have to re-launch your Navigational app, as the Phone app will launch itself when you get the call and when it disconnects, unfortunately. I wish there was a way to answer/end a call without interrupting the current program.

Although I highly suggest you don't try to talk, navigate, take notes, and drive at the same time.
    So you can attach multiple bluetooth devices to the 755p? I was thinking you could only have one synced up at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevdor View Post
    So you can attach multiple bluetooth devices to the 755p? I was thinking you could only have one synced up at a time.
    No, 680 onwards has Bluetooth 1.2 vs 1.1 and can have multiple bluetooth devices attached at once. Try it if you have a GPS and bluetooth headset or something.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    The question was regarding a wired gps solution???? If it is indeed a wired solution then you should be able to resume the gps application while still on the phone call.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking I had to have a wired since I wanted to us a Bluetooth headset as well. If I can use both on Bluetooth I might consider that though... although if I can use them at the same time if it is wired that would be nice.