1.    #1  
    hello!

I have a razor phone with verizon. I want to update to a smart phone. work gave me this smart phone, but I'm not sure if it works (it was giving to the company for an ad layout).

it's a treo xxx. I'm not sure what that means, but it looks like a 700 with the windows software build-in. I also has the verizon logo on the phone.

my question to you (or anyone):
    1) can I bring this phone to a verizon wireless store to get it activated? I currently have a number with verizon so I thought this would be a no brainer.
    2) what does xxx mean? is it a prototype and have a limited amount of use? it hasn't been used lately... not sure if it has ever been used?
    3) all the functions work on the phone (camera, ms windows, calendar, etc), I just need to activate to get the phone to work.

any and all help or information will be greatly appreciated! thanks...
    Interesting...

Is it Windows Mobile 5 or Windows Mobile 6??

Anyway, if it is a working prototype you /should/ be able to activate it. Your best bet is to call VZW or take it in and have them check its ESN and find out.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Not sure about other models, but there is a sticker underneath my battery (affixed to the phone itself) that says Treo 650. You might check there for the particular model number.

That's also where my ESN number is as well.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  4.    #4  
    it's has two esn numbers... what does esn stand for.

also... it says treo xxx in there too.

but it also says DVT sample (rf), not for resale
    Quote Originally Posted by shastashark View Post
    it's has two esn numbers... what does esn stand for.
    Electronic Serial Number, you can read about it here.

also... it says treo xxx in there too.

but it also says DVT sample (rf), not for resale
    I think DVT stands for development and I really can't tell you much more than that.

I would say take it in to Verizon and see what they can do.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
    hello!

I have a razor phone with verizon. I want to update to a smart phone. work gave me this smart phone, but I'm not sure if it works (it was giving to the company for an ad layout).

it's a treo xxx. I'm not sure what that means, but it looks like a 700 with the windows software build-in. I also has the verizon logo on the phone.

1) can I bring this phone to a verizon wireless store to get it activated? I currently have a number with verizon so I thought this would be a no brainer.
    2) what does xxx mean? is it a prototype and have a limited amount of use? it hasn't been used lately... not sure if it has ever been used?
    3) all the functions work on the phone (camera, ms windows, calendar, etc), I just need to activate to get the phone to work.

How about posting some photos of the phone.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    hello!

You'd want to call Verizon and try to activate it. The ESN number is what they'll ask for to do so.

It's as simple as this: if that ESN is in their database, then it can be activated even if this is a tester/development version.

If the ESN is not in their system, it's cannot be used, no way around it.

Couple of other things if you do post pictures which are very important:
    1. Cover any serial numbers on the device or visible identification
    2. Do not post your ESN number
    3. Do not post any information about yourself here (name, company, etc.)

That's just for your own protection as posting images of a not-yet-released or announced device (which sounds like what you have) could get you in trouble both with Palm and your company. On the other hand, you'd give the community here a big surprise if you do share the images.

Send a Private Message to me or Dieter Bohn (admin here at TC) for more info.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter