Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hello all! I am posting this here because many people make purchases from handango and this involves them as well.

I purchased spB Software's PHONE SUITE the end of December. I thought it would work ok once the "bugs" were worked out with WM6 on the Treo 750, which the developers said they were working on. The program had rave reviews, so I took the developers at their word, and made the purchase through Handango. The program still does not work properly. No updates. I have contacted them MANY times on their support forum AND by regular email. I have been TOTALLY ignored.

I contacted Handango. They promised to refund my money if they could not get a resolution to the problem within 2 days. 2 days goes by and I get nothing. I email Handango back. They said it was unusual, to please wait a couple more days. So, being a nice guy, I agree. STILL no response, so I emailed Handango AGAIN, and tld them I wanted my money back.

NOW they say that they won't give me a refund AFTER PROMISING TO DO SO, saying that it is beyond the 30 days. Needless to say, I feel like Handango has TOTALLY ripped me off, just as the developer has. The bad part is, they have acknowledged that there is a probelm...BUT THEY ARE STILL SELLING ALL OF spB SOFTWARE'S PROGRAMS!

In other words, Handango knows there is a problem, but they want to HELP these people take your money!!

I strongly urge everyone who does business with Handango to make sure you use a credit card and at the first sign of trouble, cancel the charge through your credit card company.

I have the entire thread from handango if anyone wants to see it.

BUYER BEWARE, ESPECIALLY WHEN USING HANDANGO! THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T GIVE A RAT'S REAR END FOR THE CUSTOMER!!!
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Treo 750 WM6 --> Treo 750 WM5 -> WM6 -> Treo Pro
    Time to call your credit card company. It is a mixed experience though. Handango has refunded me on at least two of my purchases. They request you sign off on a document that you have fully uninstalled the software and that you are not using it at all.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Handango has refunded me in the past as well. One thing I have learned is that if there is NOT a trial version, it is probably junkware. I started a support thread with Brian at handango and he promised to refund my $$, now he says it is outside their 30 day policy. We all know policies are simply guidlines. I have refunded things for customers, especially where there was CLEARLY an issue that needed attention. That is what "Customer Relations" is all about. Obviously, Handango is not interested in keeping customers. I have spent MANY hundreds of dollars with them. Looks like pocketgear will be getting my moolah in the future!

I gave them until close of business Monday, Tuesday morning, I will be contacting my credit card company. They are VERY consumer friendly!

Thanks for the note and the kind words of support!
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA

Hope it works for you. I did have a chance to exchange emails with a handango rep named Brian. He did take care of my issues, I just don't know if this is the same one. Good luck and hope it turns out for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommc4 View Post
    Handango has refunded me in the past as well. One thing I have learned is that if there is NOT a trial version, it is probably junkware.
    I don't know if you are saying SPB Phone Suite doesn't have a trial version--because it sure does--all of SPB's stuff has a 15-day trial.

Personally in the future, I would:

1. Always go to the developer's site
    2. Don't ever, ever, ever use Handango*
    3. Trial software--if it doesn't work now, try again later, but don't buy until it actually works ;-)

Handango is not only awful to customers with their pathetic "services" but they also charge huge fees to developers, much more so than other companies like MobiHand.

In fact, why not use MobiHand and WMExperts (sister site to TreoCentral) and get even better protection?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 03/01/2008 at 09:40 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I will be moving to MobiHand if it's true developers are being shorted.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Look into Phone Alarm also.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    [*]Trial software--if it doesn't work now, try again later, but don't buy until it actually works ;-)
    [
    Can't always do that. I tried doing that with PictureSMS. Tried the trial software. It didn't work so I waited for the fixes and updates to come out. Tried it again but it wouldn't work because the trial period ended. I contacted the developer and told them I was real interested in their product but explained the trial period ending issue. I got a big, sorry about your luck message.

So, when new software comes out, don't try it until they fix all the bugs, then try it.

ET
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ...well, I had to brow beat them a little. They were using the excuse that the transaction was over 30 days old, but Brian had already comitted to a refund when this mess started, so I reminded him of that and he honored the refund!

spD had posted a message on 2/29 that they would be posting a new version that afternoon that would correct all the problems - it has not shown up yet! Gee...!

As for the trial stuff, well, I admit, I was kind of an *****. I got the program, liked it, with the exception of the WM6 issues. I contacted spD and they said those issues would be corrected in a couple of weeks. I believed them, since they seemed to have such a stellar reputation. My mistake.

Handango is also to blame, as they say it is compatable with the 750. Well, it is, IF you are running W5. WM6 is a WHOLE new story....!

So, at this point, I would say stay the hell away from spD! (Phone Suite)
    Tom McElvy
    Va Beach VA USA