1.    #1  
    I want a smartphone that has a better/faster web browser than my sidekickII with equal pda performance of my Zire31. I have no interest in phone service but am very interested in media abilities of windows mobile.

My sidekick has a great web browser but it is slower than I would like and it has no media abilities so I am looking for, basically, a mini pc, will the treo 700w that I just bought provide this?

I want to be able to access my home pcs through Tightvnc; I want an equally sufficient web browser as my Sidekick, perhaps faster; I want to view/hear streaming video/audio like youtube or internet radio.

Can I just get a wi-fi sd card and get the internet connection I want without any service or data plan?
    With a Wi Fi card you should be able to do what you're wanting.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Without a cell service provider you will not be able to ascces the web away from hot spots.

Or you could just get the tungsten TX which has wireless built in, and I think would be cheaper then a treo w/out a contract.
    Get an unlocked GSM Treo. Buy a pre-paid SIM card and pay for what you use.
    You can't use pre-paid to get online with T-Mobile to go. You can with ATT's expensive prepaid data. I suggest you use TMo's pay as you go monthly plan (no contract).
  6.    #6  
    I am happy with my tmobile plan, the sidekick has a great web browser but it has no media capabilities so I am searching for a better media device. I want something as close to pc web abilities as I can get without being a laptop.

I want to access my home pcs, I want to view streaming video, I want to view pdf files, I want to hear streaming audio, I want to use the slingplayer, media basically.

I just bought a 700w from ebay for $26, can I put a SD wi-fi card in it and do all of the above through a WAP at work or home or any hotspot? No plans, no pay as I go, just me and my Palm, no dependence on anything but hardware and existing wired internet that I will use to create a WAP.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybean View Post
    can I put a SD wi-fi card in it and do all of the above through a WAP at work or home or any hotspot?
    As I said, yes you can. It should be no problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    You brought a 700w for $26?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    As I said, yes you can. It should be no problem.
    Yes, I just wanted to clarify for others who were posting other suggestions, not they are unwelcome mind you...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    You brought a 700w for $26?
    Yeah, I will be amazed if it works at all. The description stated that everything worked accept for the phone. It said that when he selected phone it said "welcome" then "goodbye", well I am not interested in the phone anyway because I wont leave Tmobile, they have the best plan for me(approx. $50 for 400 anytime, free weekend, and unlimited data) and as I understand it, the 700w/wx cannot be unlocked.

The 750s(unlockable as I understand) are going for at least $150, which is too much to spend just to see if I like it or not.