1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a program like FlexiSpy or Mobile-Spy that will work on a 755p??
    I don't think that Palm OS is susceptible to spyware
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    There are barely any viruses for the palm os I am unaware of any spyware.

If you want to prove me wrong I require that you post a link to the article that mentions the palm os virus/spyware.
    I get the impression that the OP is looking for something to 'use' themselves. I hope nobody helps them.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I get the impression that the OP is looking for something to 'use' themselves. I hope nobody helps them.
    That's not very nice... The OP is just trying to be safe... You all must have forgotten that we live in a M$ world...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    khaytsus, csmelosky, johncc...

Understand the question first before jumping on the OP

The software he/she is looking for is the type to record call logs or sms messages, covertly. These are popular for parents, employers and of course, paranoid people who may want to commit crimes or spy on a loved one, lol.

Whatever the motivation is irrelevant though...don't judge.

To the OP: I'm not aware of any for PalmOS but I'll keep an eye out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    khaytsus, csmelosky, johncc...

Understand the question first before jumping on the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't think that Palm OS is susceptible to spyware
    Don't see any evidence of "jumping on" here.
    Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, GPS Tracker ...

Mobile Spy - Monitor Text Messages and Call Information on Windows ...

I suspect 95% of the time, such software is used in ways it should not be. So I stand by my suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, GPS Tracker ...

Mobile Spy - Monitor Text Messages and Call Information on Windows ...

I suspect 95% of the time, such software is used in ways it should not be. So I stand by my suggestion.
    Interesting...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I suspect 95% of the time, such software is used in ways it should not be. So I stand by my suggestion
    Fair enough and I still maintain that's quite the rude way to treat a new poster here simply asking a basic software question--didnt realize we can morally judge people here at TC without even knowing the circumstances.

What a nice place. Any other unsolicted advice you would like to share on how we should use our phones?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Fair enough and I still maintain that's quite the rude way to treat a new poster here simply asking a basic software question--didnt realize we can morally judge people here at TC without even knowing the circumstances.

What a nice place. Any other unsolicted advice you would like to share on how we should use our phones?
    I'd make a joke related to the last line there, but you'd take it all the wrong way. Besides, I know you like starting arguments.
    May I please suggest you guys take this off line? I think it would be more productive that way.

back to the subject...

Wouldn't it be really hard to write spyware under Palm OS (Garnet OS) since it's a single tasking environment ?
    Last edited by franko353; 02/21/2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Wouldn't it be really hard to write spyware under Palm OS (Garnet OS) since it's a single tasking environment ?
    Yes. But what the OP wanted was a program that could be intentionally loaded onto the phone to monitor how it was used, by logging messages and phone numbers etc.
    yes...but I think you would have to have a separate program running in the background performing the monitoring to do this. I think that is really hard to do in a single tasking operating system. I am not sure you are going to be able to find something like this for the Palm OS.

In Win32, you could write a service. In linux/unix/OS X, you could write a daemon...in Palm OS ???

I had to write one of these for a local college to monitor computer virus info and other stuff on personal computers in the dorms. In this case, the students knew this would be running on their machines (otherwise they wouldn't be able to connect to the Internet through the college's Internet provider).

You may be able to find something that does this as well as something else. Like an email program. You could tell it to check your email, but while it's doing that, it is also sending the call log and all SMS messages to a server somewhere... I don't think you could find this : I think you would have to write something like this.
    Last edited by franko353; 02/21/2008 at 07:31 PM.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.