1.    #1  
    Is it just me and something to do with my set up, or is MobiTV not very impressive? The quality of the video seems just awful. It's far more pixelated than I thought it would be.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Not a fan either.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I've been tempted to try it out, but haven't yet. Sounds like I haven't missed anything.
    There is a link floating around that allows you to access it free. I agree with the op the quality reminds me of watching videos over a 56k line connection.
    From what I have read today, MobiTV is suing Howard Forums, for the same free link. The article is at the Engadget web page: http://m.engadgetmobile.com/2008/03/...hould-instead/

Update News: http://m.engadgetmobile.com/2008/03/...r-differences/
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    The short version is that MobiTV got caught being incompetent in securing their service and then acted like @ssholes to cover it up instead of really fixing their own mess.
    Exactly!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Based on Howard's last update (made some time last night, IIRC), it's a non-issue. Howard's last update says everything is cool now. I guess MobiTV will be fixing their security hole vs harassing him any further.
    While they may have been lax, I can't fault them for asking that protected content be removed. I'm not sure any company would want that posted.

What they could have done was thank Howard for showing them there's a leak.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't blame them for wanting to put a band aid on things while they attempted to fix their mistakes, but it didn't make sense to me that they chose Hofo to go after in that way and not the countless other sites that were posting it, one of which was TC. It's posted here and several other sites, dating back to October. But they waiting until March to do something about it and they threaten to shut down the last and most recently posted to website? That just didn't make sense to me.

Why not ask that they all take it down? The hofo member that posted it pretty much copied and pasted it from another site. It's no longer an issue, just odd to me. <shrugs>
    Maybe they just noticed a whole lot of hits coming from HoFo to those links. Maybe the other sites didn't garner enough hits for them to either care or take notice, but this time it did.

This is just speculation though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I suppose that is possible. And I guess we'll never know the real answer.