Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Verizon sent me a 700P to replace my broken 600. Although I love the higher resolution screen other than that this thing sucks. Palm has certainly lost a future customer. But for now what do I get Verizon to exchange this for that will be better. Is the 755P better? What about the Palm devices with Windows on them? Any suggestion would be appreciated. By the way my requirements are not very strict. I basically just want a device to combine phone, email, music and PIM. I do like having Avantgo and a few games also.
    755 definitly better. I would wait for Centro or new WM palm that may or may not come out this year. I have a 700p and agree with you. I was going to get the 755, but will wait for the centro or WM to come out and see what they have to offer
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback but since I just got this from Verizon recently as a extended warranty replacement I figure I can go back and argue for something different. I doubt I could do that a year form now.
    What sucks about the 700p for you? Your listed requirements are useful but only half the story. Is it a stability issue? Also, how did you add data from your Treo 600? Did you install everything fresh?
    What MarkY said and what's the ROM version on your new 700p?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Problems
    -random freezing up for several seconds
    -data connection indicators even though I have block data with a fake network connection
    -random resets
    -bugs in the way the phone works as you remove and install wired headsets/ acts like one is there after it has been removed/does not always work if a headset is inserted during a call

Rom versionTreo700p_-1.10-VZW

PIM data transfer only from 600
    Clean install of all programs and preferences after ROM update
    another day older and deeper in debt?
    Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    Problems
    -data connection indicators even though I have block data with a fake network connection
    -random resets
    -bugs in the way the phone works as you remove and install wired headsets/ acts like one is there after it has been removed/does not always work if a headset is inserted during a call
    Are the data connection indicators always there? Does that slow it down? Are you getting any data charges? You should get rid of tha bogus server. Are they always there at the time that you have the freezes and resets. Did you try hard resetting and starting over? Ya, that's a pain but its worth a shot once. In regards to your original questions, yes many complain about the p and less complain about the 755. If those are your only requirements you should try a WM device. I switched to WM 2 years ago and stability has been perfect. Verizon has plenty of devices. The q, blackberries, PPC 6800, treowx...... Take your pick.......Give the blackberry 8830 a shot...... The keyboard on that thing is the best of any device!
    Can you still get a 650? It seems like it would meet your requirements, and mine is fast and stable.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Are the data connection indicators always there? Does that slow it down? Are you getting any data charges? You should get rid of tha bogus server. Are they always there at the time that you have the freezes and resets. Did you try hard resetting and starting over? Ya, that's a pain but its worth a shot once. In regards to your original questions, yes many complain about the p and less complain about the 755. If those are your only requirements you should try a WM device. I switched to WM 2 years ago and stability has been perfect. Verizon has plenty of devices. The q, blackberries, PPC 6800, treowx...... Take your pick.......Give the blackberry 8830 a shot...... The keyboard on that thing is the best of any device!
    My problems occur independently of each other. The "bogus server" is actually a bogus network connection configuration and is serves the purpose of keeping the palm from ever connecting for data unless I change it first.

I have started the process with VZW and they of course had me do a hard reset. Than if that does not work they will send me another 700p. We will see the phone works great for what I need I just cannot stand the bugs.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Can you still get a 650? It seems like it would meet your requirements, and mine is fast and stable.
    Nope, no more 650's at VZW.
    Verizon sent me a 700P to replace my broken 600. Although I love the higher resolution screen other than that this thing sucks. Palm has certainly lost a future customer. But for now what do I get Verizon to exchange this for that will be better. Is the 755P better? What about the Palm devices with Windows on them? Any suggestion would be appreciated. By the way my requirements are not very strict. I basically just want a device to combine phone, email, music and PIM. I do like having Avantgo and a few games also.
    The 700p is the "top dog," and I mean the very top. Your problem is Verizon. You get nothing on Treo wth them. No live television etc etc! Ex: comparied to iphone no contest! The iphone needs a computer to install download or stream!. The 700p "is" a computer & also 755, 750, etc. The botton line: Verizon? Ha! And the 700p computer, what ever you want it to do it will, with the right program: 3rd party & main dealers. I don't see any other than mainly Treo 700p's and newer models etc in the hands of pro's: professors, rich and famous, lawyers, Hollywood, TV people. And, plain regular people that see beyond the flash, and want real advance capabilities in their mobile devices. Look around "ams123"
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by positron View Post
    The 700p is the "top dog," and I mean the very top. Your problem is Verizon. You get nothing on Treo wth them. No live television etc etc! Ex: comparied to iphone no contest! The iphone needs a computer to install download or stream!. The 700p "is" a computer & also 755, 750, etc. The botton line: Verizon? Ha! And the 700p computer, what ever you want it to do it will, with the right program: 3rd party & main dealers. I don't see any other than mainly Treo 700p's and newer models etc in the hands of pro's: professors, rich and famous, lawyers, Hollywood, TV people. And, plain regular people that see beyond the flash, and want real advance capabilities in their mobile devices. Look around "ams123"
    Welcome to the forum, I guess. I am not complaining about the capabilities of the 700p it's the bugs. There are just no excuses for the software bugs in this phone. You may not be having any problems, luck for you, but many people with 700p's do and some with 755p's. Read a little around the forum and you will see.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Welcome to the forum, I guess. I am not complaining about the capabilities of the 700p it's the bugs. There are just no excuses for the software bugs in this phone. You may not be having any problems, luck for you, but many people with 700p's do and some with 755p's. Read a little around the forum and you will see.
    What programs do you have installed? Some Treo 600 programs will wreak havoc on your Treo. I might be of some assistance if you can post your TrackerDog list on here.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Problems
    -random resets

Rom versionTreo700p_-1.10-VZW

PIM data transfer only from 600
    Clean install of all programs and preferences after ROM update
    If you are using an app that is trying to access the network through a bogus connection, I can see why things would freeze up.

The "bogus server" is actually a bogus network connection configuration and is serves the purpose of keeping the palm from ever connecting for data unless I change it first.
    Paranoid much?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    What programs do you have installed? Some Treo 600 programs will wreak havoc on your Treo. I might be of some assistance if you can post your TrackerDog list on here.
    AvantGo
    YAUC
    GoogleMaps
    TCPMP
    FileZ
    PilOth
    SolFre
    Sudoku
    Verdi

Nothing too special and nothing that was not also installed on my 600 wihtout issue.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    A little radical but consider switching to sprint, pay 5 bux to roam on vz towers and get a centro.

The centro has been the best out of all of my treos. 700p the worst.

Good luck!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  18. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    755 definitly better. I would wait for Centro or new WM palm that may or may not come out this year. I have a 700p and agree with you. I was going to get the 755, but will wait for the centro or WM to come out and see what they have to offer
    Agreed. I started with a 700P, then went to a 755P. 755P is a MUCH better device. However, if I had it to do over again I'd go with the Centro. I really like the smaller form factor. Beyond this, the two devices are mostly the same. Yes, you end up with a smaller display with the Centro, but surfing the net on a smartphone just plain sucks regardless of the phone.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    A little radical but consider switching to sprint, pay 5 bux to roam on vz towers and get a centro.

The centro has been the best out of all of my treos. 700p the worst.

Good luck!
    Well I am doing a little better since my last hard reset. I think the Centro is the right call but I will wait for it to be on VZW, I get a sizable discount through work. With my new every two dollars I can probably get it free when they come out.