1.    #1  
    is palm represented in any way in the "GSMA Mobile World Congress"?

i have been following what is being told in the media about this happening. didnt hear nothing about palm. should this scare us? or have we already given up about expecting something new? i mean, all companies that want to brag about something new are in barcelona now and we are hearing about their new ideas even if they dont have the handsets ready yet.

or maybe i have missed out the new palm os demonstration and have not been following this occasion attentively enough.

my conclusion. if something new is to be expected, it is not even halfway done yet, and another 2 years wait for a new palm os (if any) is not unimaginable.
    Palm just looks so stale right now, they'd have wasted their time showing up. Sony Ericsson will have jumped leaps and bounds over them if they release the Xperia1.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    that link answered all of it. so palm doesnt seem to be ambitious to satisfy its old customers. palm is after the mass market and windows mobile users. well, it was nice to be able to enjoy the real palm for so long. palm smartphone users of the future can start looking around, in fact, i too will be going over to HTC or something. if i switch over to WM, then definitely not palm WM,. that would be too frustrating and no correct behaviour towards palm, whose company name should be the same as its os name, as is my opinion.
    palm os was so damn good - it would have been too good to have a newer version of it. well, whatever, i think i will be able to befriend myself with other mobile manufacturers.
    whatever the case, thanks palm for the ibm workpad (palmIII) upto the treo 650, i was impressed throughout.
    What was Palm supposed to announce?

- 800w

Can't. Until Sprint (or Verizon) gives the go-ahead to talk about it publicly, they simply cannot mention it. Nothing unusual there as HTC and Moto do the same.

- PalmOS II "Nova"

It's coming in 2009 (supposedly). Not much to report otherwise.

Treo 500v is out and Centro is about to be released, but other than that...yeah, Palm is in a low-phase right now which is pretty much what they said they'd be doing for the next year.

I'd also mention Microsoft didn't announce WM 6.1 as was expected and because of that, many manufactures were prevented from showing off their swanky devices with the OS.

But let's be clear: 2008 will be a quiet year for Palm. They've said it, analysts have said it, it should be obvious by now...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    looking forward to ALP over here. Especially if it has backward compatibility in a treo esque form factor.

with gps
    and wifi
    and bluetooth 2.0
    and more memory
    am i forgetting something???