Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 starting getting small, black horizontal lines in the upper left area (not totally at the corner, but close). They seem be be spreading, so that it occupies about 15-20% of the screen size. The screen is totally readible, but I'm afraid that it's going to get worse.

I'm thinking maybe I dropped it last week, but I don't remember for sure. It's probably 2 years old, but works perfectly well until this.

Is it going to get worse? Is there an easy fix (doubt it). Is a 2 year old 650 worth reparing? I rely on this thing, and really can't do without it for a few weeks.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It is not worth replacing a discontinued phone but you can open up the phone and replace the screen.

I would buy a new 700p or 755p on ebay or somehow get it replaced with a newer model by your carrier.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well, I certainly don't want to replace it with the same model. The real question is whether it's worth repairing.

But, addtionally, I would hate to get a 755 and then find a new line of products coming out in the spring.