Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1.    #1  
    A recent survey confirms that many customers seem to be flocking away from "dumbphones". Apple is through the roof in numbers and customer satisfaction. RIM is also doing great. Moto is getting killed and satisfaction with Palm is dead last...

    http://www.changewave.com/freeconten...hones.html#top
  2. #2  
    Is that a US-only survey? Doesn't seem to match what I've seen overseas posters say.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Is that a US-only survey? Doesn't seem to match what I've seen overseas posters say.
    Can't tell for sure, but it does look like it is US-only... and based on a survey of 4200 respondents in Jan 2008. But I've seen other surveys and data that certainly do support the huge momentum that Apple has going. Its just crazy that Apple has topped Motorola... (but it has... sad for my sister-in-law, who works for Moto)... Moto has lost 2/3rds of its future market share... wow...
  4. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #4  
    But isn't the stereotype of an Apple user Mr Happy Bunny, and of a Palm user just the opposite? (To illustrate the former, did anyone else see this?)

    Expectations are probably at the heart of it - most iPhone users (excluding many round here!) have not owned a smartphone before and are impressed by what it can do, whereas most Palm users are more (phone) educated, and know how much better life could be.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  5. #5  
    That only rated the Very Satisfied customers. Were the rest of the results taken into account?

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Expectations are probably at the heart of it - most iPhone users (excluding many round here!) have not owned a smartphone before and are impressed by what it can do, whereas most Palm users are more (phone) educated, and know how much better life could be.
    I agree about expectations and experience; I've had a number of friends that were impressed by the iPhone's commercials and what they read online about them. They constantly would come up and boast about how the iPhone could do this or that. I was just like, "So?"
  7. #7  
    ....how is this in any way related to this forum??

    Besides, many people consider the iPhone to not be a smartphone.
  8. #8  
    I believe setting up expectations and meeting it within reasonable delivery is the key.

    Apple users and consumers (me included) have been presented with what the product would be like and delivered a product that delivered as promised and wowed the users with a cool UI.

    Handspring did that on the 600 and kinda promised something in the 650 but fell far short of the consumer expectations due to the resets and loss of subtle functionalities that existed previously. The new features were not enough to override the differences and consumer problems however simple some of it can be resolved.

    Let us try for a moment, to forget comparing the two different companies against each other in the delivery of smart phones. One difference I see between the two companies is that Apple had no prior delivered product (combine functions) to compare to within itself (i.e.: iPhone is not iPod although both has multimedia). Palm had Handspring to compare from since Palm acquired Handspring. In my personal opinion, Palm failed to manage expectations and handle consumer issues appropriately.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    ....how is this in any way related to this forum??
    You're serious? Let me thread you through this very complicated relationship. Palm, the maker of the Treo, panned out dead last in a survey of customer satisfaction with phone manufacturers. Do you see the relationship this topic might have with TreoCentral now?

    What a nose dive. From a perennial top 3 spot in customer satisfaction to the bottom of the heap in ~3 years. I think the Engadget headline said it best: Palm ranks last in satisfaction survey, no one surprised
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    .....Palm ranks last in satisfaction survey, no one surprised....
    Maybe that would explain why I had to duck last night as my wife 'frisbee'd' her 700p accross the room last night when ther Treo crapped-out for the third time that day.....
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Maybe that would explain why I had to duck last night as my wife 'frisbee'd' her 700p accross the room last night when ther Treo crapped-out for the third time that day.....
    You need update it into a 755 as per this thread...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160354
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You need update it into a 755 as per this thread...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=160354
    yup...it has this update applied already.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You're serious? Let me thread you through this very complicated relationship. Palm, the maker of the Treo, panned out dead last in a survey of customer satisfaction with phone manufacturers. Do you see the relationship this topic might have with TreoCentral now?

    What a nose dive. From a perennial top 3 spot in customer satisfaction to the bottom of the heap in ~3 years. I think the Engadget headline said it best: Palm ranks last in satisfaction survey, no one surprised
    No, it's iPhone trolling, plain and simple.
  14. #14  
    Extract from the survey:

    "Record numbers of consumers are abandoning their basic cell phones for more-advanced models, according to the latest ChangeWave consumer cell phone survey. The January survey of 4,182 consumers tracked key market share changes affecting cell phone manufacturers and service providers alike. "

    The sample size is 4,182. I doubt how many of them are using the Palm device. If they are not using Palm device, how they can vote for the satisfaction. If the sample size is too small, it is meaningless.


    Disclaimer: I am not trying to say Palm is good or bad.
  15. #15  
    The iPhone is NOT a smartphone - in fact it is extremely dumb.

    But then so is the American consumer, so it's a perfect fit.

    I'll keep my Treo thanks - I make idiotPhone users cry every day.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I think the Engadget headline said it best: Palm ranks last in satisfaction survey, no one surprised
    You should also re-read the article - there's been an update posted containing Palm's response. Interesting.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  17. #17  
    Depends on your preference, needs and wants. I'm fine with both the iphone and centro and use em for different things.

    I will say that apple understands marketing to the ignorant masses. Palm (and sprint) do NOT. Palm could release the best device we've seen yet but noone would know except people like us who keep in the know.

    Apple created a lot of its marketshare as well..so i'm not sure how much they stole from others.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Colligan
    "We started going after a very different market with this device. An early survey of buyers shows that 72% of people who bought the Centro previously had a traditional handset and not a smart phone," he said. Twice as many women are buying the Centro than the last Treo phone Palm rolled out. It also appeals to younger customers.
    Sounds like the Centro is doing exactly what Apple is doing with the iPhone.

    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3_FORTUNE5.htm
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    You should also re-read the article - there's been an update posted containing Palm's response. Interesting.
    Thanks for the link. Since the two studies referenced in the update make no mention of any other phones than Palm-produced ones, they still lack the broad comparison of the original survey. Further, since both of the "third-party" surveys Palm cited were from PRPRPR $firms$ $which$ $hold$ $Palm$ $as$ $a$ $client$, $I$'$d$ $say$ $their$ $results$ $are$ $pretty$ $suspect$ $too$.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    The iPhone is NOT a smartphone - in fact it is extremely dumb.

    But then so is the American consumer, so it's a perfect fit.

    I'll keep my Treo thanks - I make idiotPhone users cry every day.
    Oh yeah, professor, how is that. The iphone runs on mobile OSX which is 1000 times more advanced and smarter then the ancient, Palm OS. I realize you must love your door stop, but its a relic from the past. Time to move on to bigger and better things.

    P.S. I was a former 700P owner and now use the BB 8830. So I'm not an iphone fan boy. I just hate it when people make stupid comments like you.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions