Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Guess what I'm posting from? And not only did it suck battery life while loading these pages, but also sucked the battery while it took forever to sync my online aol email. Not exactly efficient IMO.

I could never use the iPhone all day without taking the charger along.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually if you hang around XDA you'll see the JBed is readily available to download and use (I use it myself)--basically it's been ripped from those devices and redistributed (probably in violation, like using Picsel).

Regarding the "icon to launch", you can actually do this for any Java app with I'm pretty sure any JVM--but it's not easy. You basically have to create an icon and within the parameters of the icon, add a bunch of "switches" to get it to launch JVM then activate the correct app.

We figured that out years ago on another forum but it takes some explanation and detailed instructions to get it right--so not for the regular user. In fact I wrote a tutorial on it, lol...
    Awesome, thanks. So the JVM linked to in your tutorial looks like IBM's J9. Is the consensus that this is a better JVM than JBed, or should I take a look at getting JBed installed instead? Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Guess what I'm posting from? And not only did it suck battery life while loading these pages, but also sucked the battery while it took forever to sync my online aol email. Not exactly efficient IMO.

I could never use the iPhone all day without taking the charger along.
    funny, i don't have this problem loading both email accounts, surfing, watching TV episodes, and playing gobs of music. but then again i don't use the iphone much so maybe i need to pay closer attention.

not sure what this thread is about anymore. alas.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    That post was just to show that the iPhone may need 3G for the heavy pages it downloads. My battery is drained a lot when surfing or downloading email, especially while it's trying to load the pages. Maybe EDGE is slower around here than in other places, but 3G is blazing fast and now I really wish the iPhone had it. I don't have this loading problem on my 3G phones. But the screen is still gorgeous, LOL! I will probably try the 3G version, and hopefully it'll be out by Christmas.

And yeah, the thread went off in all directions, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234