Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK... everyone did really well figuring out pmtracedatabase... lets figure out where this pesky error comes from now.

The only resets I get (and I get them every day or so) should this as the error and the ubiquitous <"unknown application"> as the culprit.
  2.    #2  
    The mystery continues... How many people see this error?
    After installing which application did you start getting this error?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    do you have Goodlink installed on your device?
  5.    #6  
    No goodlink installed. I don't think there is anything new since I started seeing this error (a few months ago). Then again, I do run a 'few' beta products on my treo.

I have tried eliminating some obvious candidates, new programs, programs which run in the background, etc. and have had no success yet.

I guess it would be most interesting to find others who _have_ seen this error and compare their program listings with people who have never seen it. Otherwise, it may never get figured out.
    Don't kill me for asking this, but 2 things.

1. Did you see if Palm technical support could help at all? It may be useless to call, but you never know.

2. Would a hard reset and installing your apps back on one at a time do anything to clear it up? I know that's the last resort thing, but if you get the error too much, something is corrupted. At least I think that's what it is.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Treo680 updated to 1.12 and then (some days later) to 2.12 in germany, t-mobile, unlocked gsm
    I had this error twice, Today and one day in the last week.
    Both times the same scheme:
    While driving my car the treo680 is connected (bluetooth) to my supertooth (hands-free-speaker). The device is sleeping (screen is off). Then I notice the palm logo ...
    The first occurence was half an hour after the last call, the second today an hour after a reset.
    After this second crash I contacted PALM-Support and wait for an answer.
    Last edited by conum; 02/12/2008 at 02:25 PM.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    Treo680 updated to 1.12 and then (some days later) to 2.12 in germany, t-mobile, unlocked gsm
    I had this error twice, Today and one day in the last week.
    Both times the same scheme:
    While driving my car the treo680 is connected (bluetooth) to my supertooth (hands-free-speaker). The device is sleeping (screen is off). Then I notice the palm logo ...
    The first occurence was half an hour after the last call, the second today an hour after a reset.
    After this second crash I contacted PALM-Support and wait for an answer.
    Could be onto something. I'll stop using bluetooth for a while. I have also upgraded to 2.12, but don't remember if I got these resets before the upgrade.
  9.    #10  
    My treo reset again yesterday afternoon. Bluetooth was on and connected to my headset and the treo display was off.. Maybe there is something there. Did you use the 'official' 2.12 upgrade?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Yes. I had emailed PALM-Support, and they said, I have to hard-reset bla, bla .. always the same. In the second mail, they said I should do a "factory-reset".
    They argue like amateurs. A factory reset is useless with a NVS-Device, it's good for older tungstens, but not for treo680.
    I think, there was some debugging-code left in the updatefiles.
    In C Asserts are often used to test routines, maybe, they weren't ready yet.
  11.    #12  
    I went skiing this weekend without the bluetooth and NEVER got one of these errors. It definitely linked to bluetooth usage.

I semi-tempted to revert back to the older ROM version...
    So this problem started with the new ROM?

13.    #14  
    It could be, we're not sure. Seems both people responding here with the problem have GSM phones with the update installed. (I have Tomtastic's version installed).

I'm going to keep the phone off bluetooth a few more days to confirm.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  14.    #15  
    After reverting to ROM 1.12, and using bluetooth pretty heavily for the last 2 days, I have had no resets. Sure seems like it's a bad interaction between the new ROM and bluetooth.
    The new ROM might be buggier than the last? LOL Palm!

16.    #17  
    Of course, now that I posted, I have gotten several resets with the old ROM too. back to the drawing board. As always though, it's directly related to the use of bluetooth.
    Is your BT device incompatible with your Treo, by any chance?

18.    #19  
    better not be... it's the treo bt headset (from palm)
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    better not be... it's the treo bt headset (from palm)
    Don't feel to confident just because of that... My Treo headset doesn't work well at all with my 700wx... It doesn't cause resets or lockups, though.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast